DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Clearwater FL

Ronin229

Reactions
Hello everyone, just checking in from Clearwater FL.

I lucked out and picked up a Mavic Pro a few weeks ago (I know please don't hate, it was totally unexpected).

I've been flying FPV for about 8 months. I was always intrigued by the DJI stuff but never bit the bullet because it seemed like a lot of gear to lug around. Then the Mavic came out, and as I was doing my research, I really liked what I was seeing. I planned on buying one, but wasn't planning on getting one so soon.

Then one day I went to check out a new drone store, and when I walked in the owner pointed out they had 2 on the shelf. Apparently the owners rep pulled some sort of miracle and they were able to get 3 of them. So out came the credit card and I dove head first into the DJI world.

Loving it so far, except for the fact that I can't even fly the thing at home, because 3/4 of my house and yard are in a red NFZ.

Other then that I'm enjoying it, and look to learn a lot from this forum.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Reactions: Ronin229
Welcome to DronePilots newest forum :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hello I just got my MP tonight! I live in clearwater

Hello I just got my MP. I also live in Clearwater and I can not even fly it in my house because I am in the NFZ.. Where do you fly around Clearwater? I am off Keene rd and Sunset pt. There is an airport Airpark off Hercules Drew and that's why I can't fly even inside my home. I wanted to try out the optic sensors and see how good and stable it is.

Hey congrats on the Mavic! I'm a member of Largo Flying Club, so I do my "test" flying out there. There is a group that meets up once or twice a month to fly called Tampa Bay Drones. You can find them on the Meetup site. We just did a drone easter egg hunt this past weekend.

Some other places I like to fly is near the causeway. We also fly at Sheffield Park, its a nice place and no one bugs you especially toward the back of the park near the water.

If you want to fly send me a PM and we can meet up and I can show you through some basics. But check out Tampa Bay Drones, its a great group, and mostly DJI guys. Our last meet we had a nice mix of Inspire's, P4P as well as a few Yuneec and FPV race drones.

Reactions: Blades
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Pro, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura