DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Denver, Colorado

kd0bik

Reactions
I've always been intrigued with R/C aircraft. When I was a kid (I'm 50 now so do the math) I had a battery operated airplane which was tethered via a string and it would fly but you had to turn around and around and around in a circle.....anyway.....

Fast forward to Christmas 2016 and my darling wife purchased me a small Parrot drone. She told me she figured I might enjoy flying a quadcopter and realized this was just a starter one for me to play around with. At some point when I wanted to upgrade to a larger model, I could.

Due to the winter weather around Christmas, I mostly just flew inside the house. I also think she was more disappointed than I was in the poor image quality of the small camera. She had the idea that it would come in handy for flying around the house and checking if the gutters needed to be cleaned. LOL

Anyway, I had been researching upgrades the past few weeks and a few days ago I was flying my small Parrot drone in the house and she said "Are you ever going to take that thing outside to fly it". I said I would, but I would be afraid I would lose it. (Pretty easy to do). Anyway, she then reminded me that I could upgrade at anytime.

So I reached over, grabbed the phone and called Mike's Camera and luckily they had ONE LEFT and were willing to slap my name on it. My wife jokingly said, "Boy that was fast, didn't want me to change my mind huh?"

Long story short, I picked up my DJI Mavic Pro on Saturday and have really enjoyed it. I have a park nearby and took my first short flight a few hours (boy those batteries take a while to charge when you are anxious) later. I then had two flight sessions on Sunday. Thankfully I purchased that second battery. The park near my house will allow me to fly a little over 2000' without having to cross streets or highways, so I've been testing the RTH features just to build my confidence that it actually works. But wow...this thing is super easy to fly.

As you can tell from my username, I'm also an amateur radio operator. So between the FCC and the FAA, I'm on all the govt. lists by now I suppose.

I'm now researching all the areas I might be able to explore around Denver and beyond with my new Mavic. I'm certainly wanting more than just the R/C air parks of Cherry Creek State Park.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself as I have already learned so much from these forums and figured it was time to say Howdy!. So.....

Howdy!

Jerry

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: kd0bik
Broomfield CO here...welcome to the forum. Beware of the crazy winds we've had here lately.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Jerry. Very similar story here. My wife bought me a "toy drone" and I immediately told her it was a gateway drug to a better drone. I'm in my 50s also and every time I fly, I feel like a kid again.

Welcome to the hobby!

Welcome Jerry, I myself live in Aurora. Been flying some at Bible Park, Quebec and Yale. Waiting to head up to Deer Creek Canyon, supposed to be 80 this weekend with low winds.

Take care
George

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum :)

Enjoy your stay! There's plenty of great info on the forums.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123