DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Denver

Onedef1

Reactions
new drone user, my names Buck I'm 45 and just splurged for the Mavic Pro. 1st flight was yesterday. Went great and about 5 hours of fly time ( 4 batteries, recharging all day, lol) had a great time getting used to it. Glad to be here. Decided to sign up to get some questions clarified that have probably already been asked a zillion times. I'll get it figured out.

Commence the searching!

PS: why does my IPad Mini work correctly with the dongle but not with the USB in the controller? In case you're in the mood :)

Also, tips on indoor lighting issues? it says ambient is insufficient, even though it should be fine. I know the camera doesn't see what I do, though, so trying to figure that out. Rainy day today and I was gonna try flyin around indoors.

And one last thing, I'm on the boundaries (within 5 miles) of two Helipads at ER buildings. (Basically the entire city is a no-fly zone) I need to contact them, but I'm deaf, and a simple phone call isn't feasible. Should I stop by and inquire? They aren't difficult to get to. I read the FAA portal topic, but that doesn't sound like what I really need to do as a hobbyist.

Happy flying.
B.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.

They removed the possibility to have more than one USB plugged into the TX at one time. Early on you could leave the short USB in while utilizing the USB port on the bottom.

Unless you live in a warehouse do not try to fly indoors as it is a bad idea that usually ends in disaster. Search the forum and you will find many examples.

All hobby operators within the 5 mile radius are required to let the tower know where you will be flying, the altitude, when & for how long.
You can find out all you need to know here - Fly for Fun

Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170418/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual_V1.6.pdf

new drone user, my names Buck I'm 45 and just splurged for the Mavic Pro. 1st flight was yesterday. Went great and about 5 hours of fly time ( 4 batteries, recharging all day, lol) had a great time getting used to it. Glad to be here. Decided to sign up to get some questions clarified that have probably already been asked a zillion times. I'll get it figured out.

Commence the searching!

PS: why does my IPad Mini work correctly with the dongle but not with the USB in the controller? In case you're in the mood :)

Also, tips on indoor lighting issues? it says ambient is insufficient, even though it should be fine. I know the camera doesn't see what I do, though, so trying to figure that out. Rainy day today and I was gonna try flyin around indoors.

And one last thing, I'm on the boundaries (within 5 miles) of two Helipads at ER buildings. (Basically the entire city is a no-fly zone) I need to contact them, but I'm deaf, and a simple phone call isn't feasible. Should I stop by and inquire? They aren't difficult to get to. I read the FAA portal topic, but that doesn't sound like what I really need to do as a hobbyist.

Happy flying.
B.
Howdy from Wyoming Onedef1, Welcome to the community. Ambient is insufficient is indication that there is not enough light for the obstacle avoidance cameras to work (very important.) If you are on the boundary I would try emailing control towers and stay below 400 feet. So you need to unplug the cable from the side if you want to use the USB at the bottom.

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum . :)

Thanks guys. The "airports" in question are just ER helipads, so there isn't any control tower. They are both 4.8 miles away and I'm in middle of the two (lol, but of course) I was gonna call via relay and see what's what, otherwise I may just stop by the ER and ask to speak with the dispatcher to obtain an email address. I don't have any problem staying under 400 per the rules. Even 200 is pushing it for me right now, no need to go higher. Usually under 100 so far, and that's enough for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest