DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from down-under, Adelaide, Australia..!

Paul Dawson

Reactions
Hi guys,
Just got my Mavic the other day after a 2 month wait! Have been eagerly awaiting this day - still pretty nervous to fly it yet, doing a lot of reading and brushing up on all the details.
I went through the set up steps and all seemed ok - accept when I tried calibrating the compass. I did the 360° anti-clockwise, horizontal turn - light went green (all good), but when I tipped the nose down (as it states to do) and began to turn, a yellow highlighted message came up on my controller saying - "Attitude too great for forward sensors", and it didn't complete the calibration.
Anyone had this or know what it means..?
Paul.

Sent from my SM-G900I using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: dirkclod
Did you try the compass calibration again to see if that's repeatable?

Hi there Msinger,
Sorry, should have mentioned that - yes, it kept on doing this each time I tried to calibrate - inside the house and in my park nearby. Also, I had no joy using the DJI Assistant 2 program to calibrate the sensors - no response it seemed from the 2 front sensors.

I just tried calibrating my compass and I see the same message in DJI GO. You can ignore it. The calibration should still complete successfully. If it does, the light on the back of your Mavic should flash green twice.

FWIW, it's best to calibrate your compass outside in an area where you know there are no magnetic metal objects nearby.

Ok - that's a relief. I too tried it again, but this time I pointed the Mavic nose horizontally instead of vertically, and it completed the calibration and the rear light went green - whereas it did not go green when I faced the drone vertically down, as directed on the instructions.
So, as long as I have a green bar in the sensors state Bar graph for the compass, I should be ok?

It should complete successfully with the nose pointed down on the second turn too. You sometimes have to turn a little more than one full 360 before it completes.

Yeah - got it, only the error message comes up as soon as I begin the downwards turn and the yellow light never goes green no matter how many turns I do.

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum . :)

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum . :)
Hi,
Thanks for that! Didn't expect such a great response from a forum, it's great to know you guys are out there. I'm still a little too nervous to fly - I've read some threads about mishaps that sound a little worrisome.
Still, I guess everyone starts somewhere...[emoji16]

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS