DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello From Japan

Carlo

Reactions
DSC07782fb.jpg
Greetings from Gifu, Japan :)
Got mine from Apple Store Online, Waited over a month before it shipped.
Havent had the chance to fly it due to work and rain :(
Maybe tomorrow Ill finally fly :O
post.php

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

But at least you can hold it Carlo :)
Welcome to our newest forum . ;)

I walked through the local Apple Store JP after seeing here that was so effective in USA, but no stock. You're lucky to be holding one. Gifu-shi or somewhere else in Gifu-ken?

Greetings!

I am planning a trip to Okinawa in Feb and I am wondering how are the drone laws like there?

Reactions: Markoinsd
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Gifu-ken Kani-shi. yes I also walked in Apple Store in Sakae- nagoya but non on stock. and also the salesperson I was talking to wants the mavic as well :)
Well I trust apple on promising Nov delivery date and they did :) @halley Do you have Mavic already? and where you from?

I ordered a little while ago through an Amazon JP seller and their estimate is 15 December. Maybe shipments will improve. I am too busy at work this month to enjoy it anyway, but I can plan my springtime accordingly.

Hello, I'm in Yokohama, Japan near Tokyo. I got my mavic last night in the mail and haven't been able to sleep since I unboxed it.I'm just too excited. (I love that mail gets delivered even on Sundays in Japan.)
Anybody know of any FPV googles currently available that will work well with mavic pro?

I bought my mavic on US eBay. It's available on Japan Yahoo Auctions too, but I decided to get the US model because I heard that the European model mavic pro has a much shorter distance range due to European aerospace regulations. So knowing that Japan is much stricter in some areas than other countries, I decided to buy my mavic from outside of Japan. That way I can get the full piloting experience with my mavic. I also bought a spare mavic intelligent flight battery on Japan Yahoo Auction last night. Now I'll have a total of 4 batteries for my mavic.

This weekend I'm going to Taiwan and plan to take my mavic with me. Do any of you know the drone regulations for Taiwan?

From next month, I plan to start going to Gunma to fly my mavic once a month or so. If any of you guys in Kanto area want to get together let me know and we can meet up.

Last edited:
I ordered a little while ago through an Amazon JP seller and their estimate is 15 December. Maybe shipments will improve. I am too busy at work this month to enjoy it anyway, but I can plan my springtime accordingly.

My estimate was 15 December, finally arrived on the Emperor's Birthday (23 December). Given all the other threads about October orders still outstanding, I will count my blessings and prepare for a springtime all around central Japan.

I was just in Taiwan, currently in Tokyo. Taiwan has so many places to fly, just respect the hight limits and avoid heavily populated areas. I was lucky to be in Taipei during Chinese New Year...most of the residents left the city to visit family. I took advantage of that to get some awesome footage with the Mavic. I also have an Inspire Pro, but feel more comfortable with the Mavic because it is not easy to notice. Check out places like Elephant Mountain, North Coast (30 min drive from Taipei city), and a park on a hill in Taoyuan, near a stadium...just between Guishan and Lujhu township. A native should be able to give you exact location, I found them by driving around and using google maps.

I wish Tokyo was this easy...I'm in Gotanda and wish I could fly here, but it seems like high risk.

I was just in Taiwan, currently in Tokyo. Taiwan has so many places to fly, just respect the hight limits and avoid heavily populated areas. I was lucky to be in Taipei during Chinese New Year...most of the residents left the city to visit family. I took advantage of that to get some awesome footage with the Mavic. I also have an Inspire Pro, but feel more comfortable with the Mavic because it is not easy to notice. Check out places like Elephant Mountain, North Coast (30 min drive from Taipei city), and a park on a hill in Taoyuan, near a stadium...just between Guishan and Lujhu township. A native should be able to give you exact location, I found them by driving around and using google maps.

I wish Tokyo was this easy...I'm in Gotanda and wish I could fly here, but it seems like high risk.
There are areas in the countryside part of Tokyo that are designated drone flight areas with beautiful nature in them. One such place is called Akiruno-machi or something like that. Send me a private message and I'll give you my email address and phone number and we can meet up. I'm fluent in Japanese and I live in Yokohama. Gotanda station is less than an hour train ride away from Yokohama station. If you'll be in Japan for a while, we can even meet up in Shibuya.

We, I'm back and looking to go in the morning (or the next morning). I did not plan well, but I'll try to get an early ticket from Shibuya....shoot for an hour at Mt. Fuji, then head back to Tokyo. Anyone else can feel free to join. My LINE is JBlongz

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes