DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Los Angeles CA

Lost Boy

Reactions
Hey there, my name is Nick. I'm a new drone user, and having the best time ever with my new little buddy. I'm new to using forums in general, but just had to connect with others who are using this same amazing device.

Looking forward to great chats!

I have some classical beginner questions-
1, is there an advanced user manual, something that goes deeper than the quick start guide?
2, is there a way to reduce the sensitivity on the up and down control (Y-axis??) As amazing as the mavic is, the hardest part for me is looking up and down! Something I'm sure will become more natural in time.
3, would love to learn as much as I can about flying indoors, as I hope to make that my "thing".
4, I want to make sure I'm in good shape as far as legally being able to do this, might someone point me in the right direction as to a pilot starter guide?

Talk to you all soon! Sorry if this is not the right place to ask all these questions!

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Hi Nick, welcome to forum, always great to see fellow Southern California drone pilots here on the forums. We've got a great day to get out and fly today...finally!

I've only got a minute or two but wanted to say hi. Regarding your questions, there is a full user manual which you will find on DJI's website. I believe you are referring to the sensitivity of the camera tilt adjustment, it can be slowed down (I will try and drop back here with detailed instructions). Flying indoors is definitely tricky as you will not have GPS. Definitely need to be more cautious. On the legal side, you will need to register here on the FAA's website. I would recommend downloading an app called Hover which will help you find airspace here in LA that is not classified (unfortunately a lot of it is classified).

Once again, welcome to the forum! Safe and happy flying! :cool:

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum Nick . :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

is there an advanced user manual
You can download the Mavic manual from the Mavic downloads page.

is there a way to reduce the sensitivity on the up and down control (Y-axis??) As amazing as the mavic is, the hardest part for me is looking up and down!
The gimbal settings can be configured in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Gimbal-Speed-Settings.jpg

would love to learn as much as I can about flying indoors
That is generally not a good idea unless you're talking about flying inside of a large open building. Many people posting here have crashed their Mavics when they tried to fly inside their homes.

I want to make sure I'm in good shape as far as legally being able to do this
If you're flying as a hobbyist, register with the FAA, place your FAA registration number on your Mavic (you can get stickers here), follow these laws, and it would also be wise to follow these guidelines.

Reactions: Advexure
The gimbal settings can be configured in the following section of DJI GO:

I CAN LOOK UPWARDS!??!!? Game changer! Thanks so much for your help! And as far as the dangers of flying indoors, sounds like if I can do it well, I'll have a nice little niche to myself :) I found that tripod mode slows it down enough so i can make smooth controlled turns and keep control enough to avoid walls and such.

Reactions: Advexure
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots