DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Madison, Wisconsin!

dronanObrien

Reactions
Received my Mavic Pro earlier this week and I have only been up in the air once so far. I love it so far! Looking forward to learning as much as I can from everyone here and becoming an experienced drone pilot someday. As a video production professional I have always been looking for new and exciting angles to shoot video. My inspiration of aerial camera work in production has come from great works such as the documentary Planet Earth as well as a group of mountain bike filmmakers known as The Collective who creatively use zip lines to send cameramen through forests. Nothing is impossible when you have an active imagination!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: dronanObrien
Welcome to DronePilots newest forum dronanObrien . :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Hi, I'm in Madison also. I've had mine for a couple months. I'm getting to know most of the settings and flying confidently but having a lot of problems with video stuttering. Sometimes it doesn't but most times it comes out bad. I have two now and it happens on both. I've played with the camera settings a hundred times and still have problems. Maybe it's my computer. I'm not too tech savvy. Anyway, if anybody in the Madison area would want to get together and exchange notes let me know. I'd be happy to help with any flying or drone setting issues you might have.
Thanks,
-Bob

Welcome, Bob W! :)

Hi Bob, where have you been flying? I'm by Memorial High on the west side. My son got his at the same time as me, but his is afflicted by the wavery 'jello' video unless he uses the clear canopy. It shows up even in still shots. Mine has been fine, and I've been recoding 4k/30fps. Do copy the videos to your hard drive or play back direct from the SD card?
cheers- Scott

Hi Scott, I've been having trouble with both. I sometimes copy the video to the hard drive on my I pad and and then it won't play(a ! comes up)
or I put the sd card into my pc and it plays but stutters.
Wonder why the clear canopy helps the jello effect? Every time I forget to take mine off it starts beeping and tells me the gimbal is overheating.
If you'd consider meeting up sometime I'd like to know your exact settings and how you're editing. I'm in Orchard Ridge, close to your neighborhood.
Thank-you
-Bob

With my Phantom 3A HD video my computer is the problem. It is an older laptop and the raw video stutters. However after I edit the video with Microsoft Movie Maker the video will then play smoothly. Maybe try to edit a short video and see if it will play after editing.

With my Phantom 3A HD video my computer is the problem. It is an older laptop and the raw video stutters. However after I edit the video with Microsoft Movie Maker the video will then play smoothly. Maybe try to edit a short video and see if it will play after editing.
Thanks for that Steve. I'll bet that's the problem. My pc is older. I have a Tablet and have successfully edited on that but ran out of storage so have just been using my pc. I'll definitely look in to that.
Thanks again,
-Bob

Nothing is impossible with the Mavic. Enjoy your time! There's a heap of great information on the forums.

hey Bob, let me know when you're flying next- text me at 6 0h ate 55 six one 3 for four.
cheers- Scott

Hi, I'm in Madison also. I've had mine for a couple months. I'm getting to know most of the settings and flying confidently but having a lot of problems with video stuttering. Sometimes it doesn't but most times it comes out bad. I have two now and it happens on both. I've played with the camera settings a hundred times and still have problems. Maybe it's my computer. I'm not too tech savvy. Anyway, if anybody in the Madison area would want to get together and exchange notes let me know. I'd be happy to help with any flying or drone setting issues you might have.
Thanks,
-Bob
Hello I am in fitchburg would love to take you up on some tips. feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]. I just joined this forum a few weeks ago

Hi Bob, where have you been flying? I'm by Memorial High on the west side. My son got his at the same time as me, but his is afflicted by the wavery 'jello' video unless he uses the clear canopy. It shows up even in still shots. Mine has been fine, and I've been recoding 4k/30fps. Do copy the videos to your hard drive or play back direct from the SD card?
cheers- Scott

Hello i just sent Bo a note i am in Fitchburg and have only been a member for a short time. I just got a mavic and could use some pointers if you have time? you can e-mail me at [email protected]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929