DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Milwaukee, WI

jp128

Reactions
I've always wanted a drone, but never really knew which one to buy. I won a small drone in a software competition (probably ~$30-50) but I didn't play with it until a couple of weeks ago. It is pretty terrible, to be honest, (2-3 min flight time, constantly trimming to try and stabilize), but I was able to learn how to maneuver it pretty well. Once that was accomplished, I knew I'd be buying one with a bit more moxie.

After a week of watching videos, reviews, unboxings, etc, Mavic was the one that I was after. Anyhow, once I got my tax returns this year and after I realized all of my bills were paid, I had to buy something. It was either a Mavic Pro or a gaming console with VR.

It was an obvious choice! This drone is amazing. After three days of owning I am obsessed. I've been reading a ton about laws/regulations, tweaks, etc. This is a great hobby to get me away from software programming and outside. :D

I am really excited to have found this forum!!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. If you’re new to RC aircraft be sure to read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

MAVIC MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170301/UserManual/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual_en_v1.4.pdf

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum :)

I've always wanted a drone, but never really knew which one to buy. I won a small drone in a software competition (probably ~$30-50) but I didn't play with it until a couple of weeks ago. It is pretty terrible, to be honest, (2-3 min flight time, constantly trimming to try and stabilize), but I was able to learn how to maneuver it pretty well. Once that was accomplished, I knew I'd be buying one with a bit more moxie.

After a week of watching videos, reviews, unboxings, etc, Mavic was the one that I was after. Anyhow, once I got my tax returns this year and after I realized all of my bills were paid, I had to buy something. It was either a Mavic Pro or a gaming console with VR.

It was an obvious choice! This drone is amazing. After three days of owning I am obsessed. I've been reading a ton about laws/regulations, tweaks, etc. This is a great hobby to get me away from software programming and outside. :D

I am really excited to have found this forum!!
I live in Milwaukee as well, we should hook up sometime and go fly, although mines in for a repair right now who knows how long that's going to take it's been over a month already. I met another guy on this forum that lives in Wauwatosa that wants a little guidance Learning to Fly come spring. I'm willing to help in any way I can or just get out there and fly, if you're interested pm me, welcome to the hobby.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots