DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Moscow Russia

bon_foto

Reactions
Hello everyone! Finally get my Mavic Pro! I flew only few times cause the weather condition is not really good. And only with beginner mode, it's my first drone. I discovered this forum a few days ago and wanted to say hi!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: bon_foto
Welcome to DronePilots newest forum bon_foto . :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Welcome! From one American who is welcoming the opportunity to restore friendly relations with Russia, and send those in Washington and Europe who constantly beat the war drums packing, I look forward to normal relations between our countries. That said, I'd love to see what Moscow looks like (especially Red Square) through the lens of a Mavic Pro :) Are Russian drone restrictions as strict as they are in our nation's capitol, or do you think that's possible?

Welcome! From one American who is welcoming the opportunity to restore friendly relations with Russia, and send those in Washington and Europe who constantly beat the war drums packing, I look forward to normal relations between our countries. That said, I'd love to see what Moscow looks like (especially Red Square) through the lens of a Mavic Pro :) Are Russian drone restrictions as strict as they are in our nation's capitol, or do you think that's possible?
Hello and thank you. What are drone restriction in your capitol? As much as I know the Red Square is restricted area to fly drones..

Unfortunately for any non-commercial drone operator wanting to film themselves, their family, or any of the historic landmarks within a 15 mile radius of the Regan National Airport, the entire area is a "no drone zone". To give you an idea of how much of an overreach 15 miles is:

upload_2017-1-7_13-9-16.png

I actually used to live in a town just outside the city (Hyattsville, MD) but it's well inside the no drone zone.

It encompasses all of

Unfortunately for any non-commercial drone operator wanting to film themselves, their family, or any of the historic landmarks within a 15 mile radius of the Regan National Airport, the entire area is a "no drone zone". To give you an idea of how much of an overreach 15 miles is:

View attachment 3713

I actually used to live in a town just outside the city (Hyattsville, MD) but it's well inside the no drone zone.

It encompasses all of
Oh wow! So how do you fly? Going far away from the city? What will happen if you will fly around your house in non drone area, they will fine you?

I don't know. I think the DJI geo software will prevent the Mavic from even taking off on your own property. Thankfully, I don't have such restrictions where I live now. But if it can be done there... Interesting that the "land of free, home of the brave" country is more restrictive than Russia. Go figure.

Reactions: Myha and bon_foto
Zone around Red Square is not so big, it's about 1,5-2 kilometers. But in that zone GPS spoofing often in use. Also you must avoid military and national security buildings.

Does anyone know whether there is a still a no fly zone on the Crimean peninsula? Apparently a while back DJI implemented a no fly status to Crimea.
Are there any other issues with bringing a drone to Russia and flying near Yalta? Any advice would be appreciated.

Update on my post above:
I took my Mavic Pro to Crimea on Aeroflot Russian Airlines from London Heathrow via Moscow and finally to Simferopol in Crimea. Absolutely no problems or questions about it.
I took three batteries in total each with a 50% charge.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa