DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from San Jose (Cambrian), CA

fsalum

Reactions
Hi guys.

I just acquired a Mavic Pro, it is my first drone and so far I'm having so much fun, as well as my son :)

Trying to figure out all the places I can and can not fly, apps, tips, video tricks, etc. I also bought (waiting to arrive) a VR goggles to play with Mavic in FPV. Any tips on that are welcome as well.

If you have a list of good sites/blogs/youtube channels that I should start looking I appreciate.

Thanks.
Felipe

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Felipe,

Welcome!

I have a place in San Jose as well. Fly the Los Gatos Creek trail and get some footage where it crosses Camden Ave at Highway 17. The Creek has alot of water in it now and there is an area where it flows over a small waterfall that I have been meaning to get some slow tripod mode footage of.

You can also hike the creek trail abit uppast Los Gatos and fly up there. I used to mountain bike all the way to the top and there are some awesome trails. Heck , approach some Mountain Bikers on the downhill single track and film them from above for practice. Another thing I have on my to-do list.

If you want to fly sometime let me know.

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum :)

Hey fsalum. Did you end up finding nice places to fly in the area? I'm on Leigh and Camden. I fly in in the area and at Vasona park mostly but would love to find new spots. Let me know!

Welcome. I was born in Fremont and grew up in San Jose. I kind of miss it. Its hard going from so close to the ocean to the middle of the desert. I wouldn't mind flying around the Japanese gardens by Happy Hallow park, if its still there. Haven't been down that way in years.

Im now in Northern Nevada (Tahoe Area) . Dont miss San Jose too much. Miss the ocean some though.
I thought of an area that would be great to fly though. Off Highway 9 right out of Downtown Saratoga there is a spot known as Hakone Gardens. Lots of tree's though so it might be tight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7