DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello From Scotland

It's just arrived!

Can't wait to get out and play.

Anyone had any experience with these in snow yet? Any advice on filters?

Hello Lostmariner
Welcome to the forum... I have flow when there is snow on the ground and the temperature is Low, but never when it is snowing, ( not recommended ).
The main thing of concern is battery temperature, LIPO's do not like the cold, you will loose considerable flight time if the battery is cold, keep them in your pocket until the moment you want to fly, and watch for warnings about battery temperature, and % charge remaining, it will go down faster in cold weather.
As to filters the Polar Pro "Cinema" series are excellent and don't effect gimbal balance, however they are like Rocking Horse poo to get hold of, every seller ( of repute) show them on back order, there are a few post on here about filters look some up.
OK happy flying.. PS post your video for the forum to see....
Waylander

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum lostmariner .:)

It's just arrived!

Buy some ND filters the
It's just arrived!

Buy some ND filters use them on My S900 (GH4 Camera) / Inspire Pro X5 Camera and now the wee Mavic also depends what you are doing but for video you want to keep the shutter to x2 the frame rate so say 4k at 30fps as an example then you want to try and keep your shutter to 60 so in order to achieve this you need ND filters.. Im in Aberdeenshire not much snow all gone today.. Cheers Tom

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242