DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Seattle

gavinski

Reactions
Greetings from the Pacific Northwest.

Longtime member of the Phantom Pilots forum. I have an original P2 that I modded to add camera, transmitter, data, and screen. My son also enjoys tinkering and built his drone from scratch.

I was originally waiting for the Inspire 2 primarily to get the bump in video and image quality. But the Mavic video quality looks quite good, and with the added benefit of portability I went and ordered the Mavic. I also have a trip to Thailand coming up and their new restrictions make it all but impossible to fly any drone over 2kgs.

Now waiting patiently....

Welcome to the forum, @gavinski. I'm sure you are going to love being able to take your Mavic anywhere. Hopefully your Mavic arrives before you leave for Thailand! ;)

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest.

Longtime member of the Phantom Pilots forum. I have an original P2 that I modded to add camera, transmitter, data, and screen. My son also enjoys tinkering and built his drone from scratch.

I was originally waiting for the Inspire 2 primarily to get the bump in video and image quality. But the Mavic video quality looks quite good, and with the added benefit of portability I went and ordered the Mavic. I also have a trip to Thailand coming up and their new restrictions make it all but impossible to fly any drone over 2kgs.

Now waiting patiently....
Hi gavinski , welcome to our new forum :)

Welcome...which corner of seattle? I grew up near there...hope you get more flying weather than I remember having (we used to hope summer would fall on a weekend :D)

I live in Queen Anne.
I hear you about the weather. The deeper we go into winter, the fewer viable flying days there are available which can be pretty frustrating. I also have a place out near Cle Elum which tends to have better weather, so at I have that option for flying when I finally get the Mavic.

I'm from the East side (N. of Spok.), but live in Japan. A Washingtonian at heart, I still feel like a neighbor, so good to see Seattle owners here.

Hope you have a great time in Thailand! (I might be going for work in Feb. - will be interested in hearing whether you took the Mavic or not and how it went).

No Mavic yet, but it's been ordered. No idea when it will arrive. Maybe I could borrow yours until mine arrives? ;)

/Edit:

Forgot to add: GO HAWKS!!

When I placed my order for the Mavic I figured I'd have plenty of time to have it in hand before heading on my trip on December 18. Now I'm not so sure given how cagey DJI is being about the delays in shipping.

The Seahawks are showing a lot of promise this season - hopefully they can avoid having too many injuries!

Reactions: Fried Toast
Hello! It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.

Enjoy TU

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada