DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from South Buckinghamshire, UK

Hello...

Bought a P3S 3 months ago and just sold it and moved to the Mavic Pro. I listed the P3S on eBay and sold it to a guy who only lives a mile away from me, it's a small world sometimes!

I bought the Mavic whilst on holiday in Florida at the Apple Store in Tampa ($999 so much cheaper than the UK) after seeing a guy fly one off the beach at Indian Shores. I was just amazed by the range, speed and video quality not to mention the portability aspect. If you're that guy with the lime green decals, thank you!

Maiden flight was in Sand Key Park overlooking Clearwater.

Absolutely no problems either with airport security in bringing it home, just put the box in my backpack. I've just ordered a case, sun hood and some decals to complete the package.

Waiting for the weather to improve to get it flying over here as it's been quite windy most days and I'm still feeling a bit nervous.

It's a little bit restrictive in the South of England as there are so many airports and airfields of various sizes but I have a lot of open countrywide around me which will be a great location to practise and build confidence.

Being the wrong side of 50 I suspect that I'm one of the older people flying drones but I've learnt so much from reading the forum and watching videos on You Tube and still have a long way to go.

Have fun...
Welcome, If it help I am 51 and bought one yesterday....Get video by the way.

Hi Peter & Andrew, I live in Bicester and have just bought back my Mavic from Florida as well - I actually bought the fly more combo from amazon and had it shipped to a amazon locker which all worked perfectly.

If you have some pointers for safe and legal places to fly around Oxfordshire and bucks I'd be very interested!

Regards

Dave (wrong side of 40!)

me too I'd love to hear were we can fly/practice...else i will have to get up a 4am...:)

Hi Peter
I live near Heathrow and bought a Mavic 2 pro only yesterday and was planning to drive towards Buckinghamshire for some open spaces to try my toy.
Can you recommend any places?
Wycombe council seem to be quite restricted in parks etc.
Many thanks
PS. I am over 50 as well by the way

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143