DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Sweden - any other Swedish mavics here?

AC Sweden, where's that?

im still thinking about ordering from DJI website, seems that i can be certain of a good fit then!

where did your order your Mavic?

Great to see another Swedish Mavic Pilot! Got my Mavic Pro in early january from Wizeguy (Uppsala, Sweden).

did you get the regular or the fly more deal? :)
I get the regular kit and a extra battery.
I bought som extra stuff.
Landingpad
Gimbal cover
Hardcase
and a travell hardcase.
Extra props.
Leg extensions
China super charger.
Lipo safebag
And som others stuff.

I get the regular kit and a extra battery.
I bought som extra stuff.
Landingpad
Gimbal cover
Hardcase
and a travell hardcase.
Extra props.
Leg extensions
China super charger.
Lipo safebag
And som others stuff.

is it the gimbal-cover in rubber that's not blocking the air-vents? i got that from ebay for about $3 :)

i also got the leg-extensions, but im not sure it was such a good idea really, ive heard that they make the drone really instable..

did you buy it from a swedish retailer? i checked, and almost none had it in store.. so i got the "fly more" package from Eglobal instead :)

is it the gimbal-cover in rubber that's not blocking the air-vents? i got that from ebay for about $3 :)

i also got the leg-extensions, but im not sure it was such a good idea really, ive heard that they make the drone really instable..

did you buy it from a swedish retailer? i checked, and almost none had it in store.. so i got the "fly more" package from Eglobal instead :)
Gimbal protection that is open infront of camera. Ebay..

i'm planing a trip to Sweden in May. I would love to take my Mavic with me but it seems that it 's impossible now to fly in Sweden. Does this law applies to Swedes only or anyone ? Some youtube videos are claiming that foreigner are not concerned by this restriction. Any comments on that ?

i'm planing a trip to Sweden in May. I would love to take my Mavic with me but it seems that it 's impossible now to fly in Sweden. Does this law applies to Swedes only or anyone ? Some youtube videos are claiming that foreigner are not concerned by this restriction. Any comments on that ?
The new photo ban does not apply to all the drones inside the borders of Sweden. For companies in other EU countries are free to continue shooting in Sweden.

The new photo ban does not apply to all the drones inside the borders of Sweden. For companies in other EU countries are free to continue shooting in Sweden.
Thanks I guess I will not be allowed to use my drone there not being a company only a foreign citizen

Hello everyone!

I am in the following situation: i have moved to sweden two months ago. I will go to Iceland this year for a vacation trip and wanted to buy a mavic to film there. But it is not allowed to fly it anywhere in sweden by law right now. Obviously i want to get used to flying it before going for my vacation.

I just found some information from transportstyrelsen, at one point it states i have to get a licence and then i am allowed to use it but however on the front page it says all drones with camera are banned right now because of some surveillance law.

I do not want to get in confilct with law by any means, but i could not find anything about what would happen if you fly the mavic? Would they seize the drone or would you get a ticket? How did you or what would you suggest for practising? I flew some smaller drones before on occasion outside of sweden, and of course i never flew those over private property or anywhere near where harm could be done (never near a highway, people, animals!) and otherwise also followed local law (altitude regulations, no fly zones etc.)

Hello everyone!

I am in the following situation: i have moved to sweden two months ago. I will go to Iceland this year for a vacation trip and wanted to buy a mavic to film there. But it is not allowed to fly it anywhere in sweden by law right now. Obviously i want to get used to flying it before going for my vacation.

I just found some information from transportstyrelsen, at one point it states i have to get a licence and then i am allowed to use it but however on the front page it says all drones with camera are banned right now because of some surveillance law.

I do not want to get in confilct with law by any means, but i could not find anything about what would happen if you fly the mavic? Would they seize the drone or would you get a ticket? How did you or what would you suggest for practising? I flew some smaller drones before on occasion outside of sweden, and of course i never flew those over private property or anywhere near where harm could be done (never near a highway, people, animals!) and otherwise also followed local law (altitude regulations, no fly zones etc.)

Jugster,
I cannot help you with any details as I haven't been caught yet. ;-)

It is true that the law says camera drones may not be used, but it was never the intention of the lawmaker. The government has announced that they are preparing a new law to allow camera drones in general, let's see what outcome will be. That said, I doubt that the police will care about drones flying responsively. Sure, if you start peeping into private backyards I guess there will be a reaction, otherwise I guess the police is busy with more important things. Ha ha, maybe I'll write a follow up from jail! :-D.

Personally I just don't care and stay away from people. Go flying on the countryside or the archipelago. Best views anyway.

Hi, I am bringing a mavic pro from the US into Sweden. Is it allowed to carry it into the country? Kinda urgently need to know as my travel is in 2 days. Any help is appreciated..

Hi, I am bringing a magic pro from the US into Sweden. Is it allowed to carry it into the country? Kinda urgently need to know as my travel is in 2 days. Any help is appreciated..

Sure you can carry it around but you can’t fly it. They suppose to change the law in August

Reactions: Anand
Sure you can carry it around but you can’t fly it. They suppose to change the law in August

thank you for this info. Also notice that you traveled to Sweden in May? Did you bring it along then? Any tips are appreciated..

thank you for this info. Also notice that you traveled to Sweden in May? Did you bring it along then? Any tips are appreciated..

Yes I did bring it along. But we were hiking in a remote area so I had no trouble launching it there. My suggestion take it with you and fly responsively and you won’t be bothered [emoji6]

Yes I did bring it along. But we were hiking in a remote area so I had no trouble launching it there. My suggestion take it with you and fly responsively and you won’t be bothered [emoji6]

I´m a swede. I suggest to bring it along and as you say fly it responsively. Police will not bother you if you fly as you should (not over people or in the towns). And this is something like a gray area now, when all knows that the laws will be changed in two months.

The NFZ-zones in the mavic is way smaller than what the law says here, so this is something to consider. Check with this map. LFV

And keep in mind that it is the footage that is illegal, not the flying. So don´t fly over sunbathing people (it´s too cold for sunbathing still, but in this time of the year that can change).

No one with bother you on the airport if you do as you should with taking the batteries in the hand luggage.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji