DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Swindon UK :) should I or not?

GreenBhoy

Reactions
Hi peeps :)

Just took delivery of my Mavic pro last night and am currently resisting the temptation to open it up and get flying...why?

On the plus side I think I got it reasonably cheap £760 for the standard version
BUT i'm reading lots and lots of nagative comments about firmware updates, increased NFZ, reduced functionality..

So the question is given your time again (and at the price point I have entered) would you still get a Mavic? Should I open it up and get on with it or just return it?

I did have a P3 Standard last year but got rid of it due to it's limited range (nothing like advertised - could not go more than about 80m without RTH). I ended up getting it repaired by DJI, but a different drone came back (the one I sent them was mint condition)...

So questions, questions! Stick or twist? :)

Would I ....Yes
Welcome to DronePilots newest forum .:)

Welcome to the Mavic pilots forum. If it were me I"d keep it and learn all I could. The firmware upgrades are optional as I understand it. I'm still flying on 1.04 and no problems what so ever, keep it and have fun IMHO.

Welcome to the forum!

Hm, if you ask me, of course open it up! You didn't buy it for nothing, no way you're gonna get buyer's remorse. Open it up and fly with it! If you're insecure about the firmware updates, then don't update! They're all optional as far as I have experienced.

Btw, Swindon! Lovely city, come there every year with the Air Tattoo :) Some nice area's to fly there! Thumbswayup

Thanks for the welcome :) and yes I've opened it now! looks a very well built bit of kit, just need to read and re-read the manual now ;)

Reactions: JoostGT3
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22