DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from the UK

DroneMann

Reactions
Hi everyone, just a quick introduction and maybe some guidance needed!

This will also be my first drone so I opted for the DJI refresh just in case...

I ordered my mavik pro fly more bundle direct from DJI store online on the 8th Jan (as soon as I noticed the delivery schedule was reduced to 7-10days) after having my eye on the Mavik Pro for sometime...

Anyway, not much has happened in that respect yet. I see there is a lot of excitement and debate over delivery times etc. I just hope I get mine before the next model comes out. That would be a right bummer!

I had the intention of running my mavik pro with my Galaxy S5. But as of a couple hours of placing my order I dropped my phone causing a couple cracks to appear on the glass. As the week has gone by this has gotten worse and I have had some prices to replace the screen + glass of around £150. Ideally I would just like the glass to be replaced but not many people are interested in this.

So this opens up other doors. Ideally I would like to stick to android. And I'm not really a fan of tablets (I find them awkward to hold, too thin etc) for normal duties but I am happy to make an exception and purchase an Android Tab or an additional phone specifically for use with the Mavic pro and would welcome ideas and/or suggestions...

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: DroneMann
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum DroneMann . :)

Welcome, love my Galaxy S7, I leave it in the Otterbox commuter case and just let the controller hold it firm (vs. fully inserted into the grip). I primarily use the DJI Go app which usually runs perfect. The few times it didn't were when a call came in, or I had loads of other things going in the background. Closed all apps, or restarted it and it again ran perfectly. When I want to use my FPV higher-end Cardboard googles, I run the Litchie app. It is not as stable (for me on my S7) as DJI Go. But does work almost all of the time. There is a trick to make that all work which you can find in another post.

Again, welcome, and don't hesitate to ask questions, this crowd isn't like some of the forums I'm on (yet) where they flame repeat questions.

I think we a vicariously relive newbies enthusiasm!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada