DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP! Mavic crashed on roof!

EyeofRa

Reactions
My Mavic just crashed on a roof of a tall building because of Litchi app.

I can still connect to the drone but cannot take off because it its "tilted", I am leaving on my vacation tomorrow and the building will not even consider letting me in until monday but my first flight is tomorrow. How can I do an emergency take off? Please help!

Reactions: Baldyloxx
What kind of a building is it, how tall is it?
What's angle is it at? Even if you could take off what makes you think it would not flip?

You really only have two choices here. Either stay until Monday or ask the building owner to mail it to you. If the latter, hopefully they will gather all of the pieces (if it's not together).

Yea... how was this litchi fault and not pilot error?

Reactions: moocows42
Post city and state and hopefully a local Mavic owner nearby can retrieve it Monday morning. A big risk to trust that person enough to give him the exact location to retrieve it. Use your Spidey senses. Only choice you got! I'd do it for anyone...but that's just me. Good luck!

The building is mostly empty, they have security there but they wont let us in and say they don't have access to the roof. I know exactly where it is on the roof. I'm in Prague.

The Lichti did not allow me to stop the drone when I realized we were close to the roofs.

The Lichti did not allow me to stop the drone when I realized we were close to the roofs.

Right, so pilot error. Sorry for your loss, but don't blame the technology for your inexperience and errors.

I reckon you should sneek in later. Usually the tops of these buildings are left open.
Of course the other option is a bribe

Last edited:
Reactions: MediaElite
Right, so pilot error. Sorry for your loss, but don't blame the technology for your inexperience and errors.

I'm not familiar with Lichti and I am sure there is a disclosure that has to be agreed on, but wouldn't this be a pilot and program error?

If an app allows you to program a flight, that same app should allow you to manually override it - in theory.

Reactions: VMImaging
We are unable to get in touch with the owner of the building. I would like to buy a mavic from someone today. Please help.

The override is the sport mode switch. It's precisely made so in order to be a hardware thing that's unrelated to the modile device or app.

New Mavic owner here. Just getting used to the automatic functions. The pause button should always be able to override a programmed flight no matter what the program right? And you say the sport switch can do that to? Good to know what works absolutely for sure because I imagine sometimes when you realize your programmed flight is going to crash you might not have a lot of time to do something about it.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

The pause button should always be able to override a programmed flight no matter what the program right?
From my understanding:
- The Pause button is a "soft" control that tells the app to suspend whatever mission it's executing. If it's unresponsive or not acknowledging that it won't help.
- The Sport mode switch is a direct order that tells the aircraft to forget about the mobile device completely and fall back down to manual control form the remote as if no app/mobile device was there, and should always work (as long as the aircraft is able to fly at all).

I've never had an "occasion" where I had to try that myself, but on my Inspire it's 100% clear that flipping the physical mode switch achieves that, and several sources have mentioned the Sport mode switch to be the equivalent on the Mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS