DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help me decide what to buy

MavicPro

Reactions
So long story short I sold my Mavic Pro awhile back. I find myself missing it. I originally bought the basic version and a extra battery.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new mavic, but find myself hesitant, not because of the Mavic Pro itself, but because I'm not sure if I should get the fly more or buy just the Mavic and add batteries and what not.
The combo cost $1299 plus $99 for DJI care so $1398

If I buy the Mavic Pro then add 2 batteries, charging hub, and dji CARE it comes out to $1315

So I save $82 dollars doing this but I lose out on the dji bag, power adapter, extra props, and car charger.

What do you guys think?

It's up to you really. Do you need the DJI bag, power adapter, props, and car charger? If so, get the combo.

Reactions: MavicPro
It's up to you really. Do you need the DJI bag, power adapter, props, and car charger? If so, get the combo.
Right. I don't really need any of that, I guess the bag would be nice, but I heard most people don't like It? Power adapter I don't need. Car charger hmmm I can see myself using it I guess but not totally needed as I have that power converted you recommended through one of your links, which works great by the way, we use it all the time! Thanks for that by the way!

I know its ultimately up to me,
Also ordering everything separate but in the same order number, would delay my order? As the Mavic Basic & combo both say 1 Business day, but batteries are 5-7 buisness days. So would everything get shipped out together, or separately when they become available?

Personally, I would go for the Fly More bundle. Stick the bag straight on ebay unused, as they seem to fetch good money. Maybe that mad power adapter thingy too. Everything else will probably come in handy at some point. Just my tuppence worth :)

Personally, I would go for the Fly More bundle. Stick the bag straight on ebay unused, as they seem to fetch good money. Maybe that mad power adapter thingy too. Everything else will probably come in handy at some point. Just my tuppence worth :)
Thank you.

So would everything get shipped out together, or separately when they become available?
If you buy the Fly More Combo from the DJI Store here, everything will be shipped together. The DJI Store is currently showing it'll ship out 1 business day after your order is confirmed. Since you're in CA, you should get it pretty quickly since they ship from CA.

Another option would be to buy the combo (or just the Mavic) from an authorized DJI dealer here on Amazon. There are many in stock and available to ship quickly by Amazon via Amazon Prime.

I love the bag. I'd say get the full combo unless you want to have the advanced hub <snip>, in that case buy it all separately.

Last edited:
If you buy the Fly More Combo from the DJI Store here, everything will be shipped together. The DJI Store is currently showing it'll ship out 1 business day after your order is confirmed. Since you're in CA, you should get it pretty quickly since they ship from CA.

Another option would be to buy the combo (or just the Mavic) from an authorized DJI dealer here on Amazon. There are many in stock and available to ship quickly by Amazon via Amazon Prime.
Ok.
Yeah when I order from dji, once my order is processed, shipping is always overnight via fedex. So if I ordered now, I would probably get it Wednesday?
Since I won't be home Tuesday, I'm also worried if I order today I will get it tuesday, what do you think?

I love the bag. I'd say get the full combo unless you want to have the advanced hub that does cel balancing, in that case buy it all separately.
The regular charging hub doesn't do cell balancing????

You will definitely get it by Wednesday if you order from Amazon. I'm assuming the same for the DJI Store, but it's not certain since they don't guarantee exact delivery dates like Amazon does.

Last edited:
You will definitely get it by Wednesday if you order from Amazon. I'm assuming the same for the DJI Store, but it's not certain since they don't guarantee exact delivery dates like Amazon does.
As long as it doesn't come on Tuesday (tomorrow) as I won't be home all day.

If you're referring to Amazon, you can see the actual delivery date before ordering. If Amazon is showing you'll get it tomorrow, then order it tomorrow.

If you're referring to Amazon, you can see the actual delivery date before ordering. If Amazon is showing you'll get it tomorrow, then order it tomorrow.
I will be ordering from dji since i have some credit ;)

I appreciate all the info guys, I know it's a redundant thread, as I'm the only one that can decide, but either way it has helped. It's great to have this choice in the first place, and this forum. Wish me luck on getting a good one! ;)

That's what I thought as the advanced just charges 1 hour faster than the regular?
Here's a comparison between the Mavic battery charging hubs:

Charging Hub:
5 hr 10 min (when using the Mavic Charger)
4 hr (when using the Mavic Car Charger)

Advanced Charging Hub:
4 hr 10 min (when using the Mavic Charger)
3 hr 15 min (when using the Mavic Car Charger)
2 hr 30 min (when using the Phantom 4 Charger)

I think the Fly More Combo is still shipping with the original charging hub (not the advanced).

Here's a comparison between the Mavic battery charging hubs:

Charging Hub:
5 hr 10 min (when using the Mavic Charger)
4 hr (when using the Mavic Car Charger)

Advanced Charging Hub:
4 hr 10 min (when using the Mavic Charger)
3 hr 15 min (when using the Mavic Car Charger)
2 hr 30 min (when using the Phantom 4 Charger)

I think the Fly More Combo is still shipping with the original charging hub (not the advanced).
Yeah it looks to be the original charging hub indeed

I'm going to sleep on the decision. I should have the answer by morning ;)
Thank you guys again

Regarding the bag... I actually think its pretty good - I can get the Mavic, controller, 2 spare batteries, DJI sun shade, set of filters and an iPhone 6s plus in there no problem, everything I need for a flying session. Obviously the charger won't fit in there too but I don't need to take that out with me when im flying and I like the compact size of the DJI bag...I was going to sell mine on eBay but having looked at a few other compact bags I couldn't get more in them and in some cases they were bigger and I wouldn't have been able to get all the above stuff in them anyway!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000