DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help me please: Precision AUTO TAKE OFF: what happened?

Lukappaseidue

Reactions
Hi everybody, I am new mavic user (and DJI too).
I am scared about a strange behavior of my mavic (without damage)
This is what happened to me:
I am with: 1.03.500 RC and DRONE too and latest DJI GO 4 ANDROID version.
P. Mode (multi mode active by app)
I am using LANDING PAD.
Switched on RC, app (auto start on RC on) and DRONE.
VPS helps are all on
Waiting for satellites and want to try PRECISION AUTO TAKE OFF.
DJI GO 4 shown the windows and alter me that, for best result and best RTH, the Mavic will go up until 6 meters.
Ok I tick the message and swipe to auto take off.
The Mavic soon reach that height (6 meters) and stay in hoovering very stable.
Ok begin to fly .. but even thought any errors are shown, the MAVIC do not respond to remote controller command. No throttle, up or down, no left or right.
PANIC! What to do? I pushed the PAUSE button, but nothing, ... left stick to down for more than second ... nothing ... the only thing that I have been able to do was the landing command in DJI Go 4 app (the one with the arrow pointed to down).
Soon after I remember (but I am not sure, if it happen in this case) that the RC icon of the DJI GO 4 was blinking (It happen but I am not sure that it happen in this situation)
So, landed. Switched eveything off, and my smartphone too. restart everything and try again PRECISION AUTO TAKE OFF. ... and worked well, but .... anyway ... I am scared ... what it could be happened.
What I have to do (test)
Please, help.

Hi everybody, I am new mavic user (and DJI too).
I am scared about a strange behavior of my mavic (without damage)
This is what happened to me:
I am with: 1.03.500 RC and DRONE too and latest DJI GO 4 ANDROID version.
P. Mode (multi mode active by app)
I am using LANDING PAD.
Switched on RC, app (auto start on RC on) and DRONE.
VPS helps are all on
Waiting for satellites and want to try PRECISION AUTO TAKE OFF.
DJI GO 4 shown the windows and alter me that, for best result and best RTH, the Mavic will go up until 6 meters.
Ok I tick the message and swipe to auto take off.
The Mavic soon reach that height (6 meters) and stay in hoovering very stable.
Ok begin to fly .. but even thought any errors are shown, the MAVIC do not respond to remote controller command. No throttle, up or down, no left or right.
PANIC! What to do? I pushed the PAUSE button, but nothing, ... left stick to down for more than second ... nothing ... the only thing that I have been able to do was the landing command in DJI Go 4 app (the one with the arrow pointed to down).
Soon after I remember (but I am not sure, if it happen in this case) that the RC icon of the DJI GO 4 was blinking (It happen but I am not sure that it happen in this situation)
So, landed. Switched eveything off, and my smartphone too. restart everything and try again PRECISION AUTO TAKE OFF. ... and worked well, but .... anyway ... I am scared ... what it could be happened.
What I have to do (test)
Please, help.

I don't suppose you can post the .TXT file from your phone for that flight?

What happens if you don't use the Precision Take Off Feature? Does the mavic recognize your stick commands to start the motors? "CSC" command?

it seems to work properly. I just tested the PRECISION AUTO TAKE OFF and realize that, when mavic was flying at 6 meters hight, I can't control it. (it happened only one time), but now I am scared

it seems to work properly. I just tested the PRECISION AUTO TAKE OFF and realize that, when mavic was flying at 6 meters hight, I can't control it. (it happened only one time), but now I am scared
Sounds like a glitch in the pairing process. I bet you restarting the RC would have fixed it during your flight, though your drone would auto-land when the RC disconnects.

Raise the ceiling on that thing. 6 meters is pretty high but maybe you hit auto take off and it works but hits a ceiling at 6m . but dji software is to stupid to sort it out. Still trying to go up. stuck in auto takeoff. Ignores all your control inputs cause wants to finish takeing off first.. That would make me laugh:D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada