DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help Me to Understand

Kalvik

Reactions
Today I flew my Mavic for the first time. It was a very bright, sunny day and I was flying over a completely snow-covered surface. In fact, it was so bright that I could not see the video on my tablet - guess I need a sun-shade!

Question 1: When I played back the video that was stored on my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab A, 8 GB), that video was very jerky. I presume that this is a limitation of my tablet because the video stored on the Mavic was fine. Should I store video to the internal memory or to the SD card, or would it make any difference?

Question 2: Any suggestions for a home-made sun shade?

The camera performed quite well in the very bright conditions, but I'm sure that it would have been better with an ND polarizing filter.

When I played back the video that was stored on my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab A, 8 GB), that video was very jerky. I presume that this is a limitation of my tablet because the video stored on the Mavic was fine.
The video was probably just lagging on your tablet. Try copying it to your computer and play it back from there.

Should I store video to the internal memory or to the SD card, or would it make any difference?
The best quality video is stored on the memory cad in your Mavic. You can turn off the setting to cache the video on your tablet, but you cannot prevent the video from being stored on the memory card in your Mavic.

Reactions: Kalvik
In browsing some of the other threads, it seems that the "video lag" is more of a problem with Android devices than with iOS. Would using an iPad eliminate that video lag?

Reactions: Blades
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98