DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help newbie

sweatlounge

Reactions
How are you guys? I'm new to dji basically drones in general just got the mavic. Set everything up, downloaded the update with dji go then updated it. But can't get the camera to link up with phone. Not trying to use wifi mode if that means I want to use rc. So I left it on rc, been trying to get working nothing and I said forget it let me just try and fly it, I hit the up or launch button and it gave me a command timeout or timeout command don't remember exactly and wouldn't let me do anything.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Welcome to the forum. I'm a bit confused by what you wrote here... you can't get any camera feedback to your phone, so this was your thought?

I said forget it let me just try and fly it

Please try to have a safety-first attitude. If something's not perfect, stop and fix it before you fly.

I'm sure the members here can walk you through any problems. Can you go step by step with what you did, so we can track where something may have been causing the problem? Details matter.

I read instructions and did what was asked. Charged both battery and remote. Downloaded go app. Turned remote on the drone and hooked up phone to remote. From there I downloaded the firmware then once finished I updated. After that I shut everything back off and turned on again but when I open go app and click camera it stays disconnected. So when I finally tried to fly with no phone it gave me that errror. Basically it.

Love this thing got it working I don't know what it was maybe just needed to shut the app down and start again

I had a similar issue when I first unboxed my Mavic. I cycled the power on everything and it has worked since.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000