DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help please !! Gimbal holder broken!!

sendas

Reactions
Hi

I broke the holder of the mavic gimbal camera....

Do you know where I can buy a spare ? Please help !!

Thank you in advance....

PedroIMG_0671.JPG IMG_0670.JPG IMG_0669.JPG IMG_0668.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B and sendas
The video below shows how to get to that part. I've never done it, but it seems like a fairly simple job.

Reactions: Greenflash
Yes, that is the part I linked above.

If it's too complicated, you can contact DJI support and send your Mavic in to be repaired.

Reactions: sendas
Can't I just replace the part selected in red, which it seems (to me) that it's attached to the bottom part by the 4 rubbers ?

e3a8e648d1797dd357de7c7b1690365b.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, you can buy just the gimbal mount too -- if nothing else is damaged. Here are a few places where you can purchase it:
It's not an OEM part, but I'm assuming it'll work well since it's made by FStop Labs. They sell quality replacement parts.

Last edited:
Yes, you can buy just the gimbal mount too -- if nothing else is damaged. Here are a few places where you can purchase it:
It's not an OEM part, but I'm assuming it'll work well since it's made by FStop Labs. They sell quality replacement parts.

So what I order doesn't work ? It seems it's like the gimbal mount... no ?

Sorry -- I thought you were asking if you could just buy the metal mount. The part you ordered is an OEM part and it'll work. If all you need is that metal mount, you should be able to replace it without opening your Mavic.

You should be all set then!

Reactions: sendas
Quick question pls. What is the functionality of the silver cable that holds the camera to the Mavic? I have one broken stran.
Aside from each having to replace the ribbon cable and shock mount. Thanks

Sendas, you'll need to partially disassemble it to get to where you can replace the gimbal plate. You can't just remove it from below. Watch several videos, and take your time. I replaced mine today (I'm no expert) in about two hours.

Quick question pls. What is the functionality of the silver cable that holds the camera to the Mavic? I have one broken stran.
Aside from each having to replace the ribbon cable and shock mount. Thanks

I'd like to know the answer as well. That the gimbal plate is a chappy part is increasingly obvious.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka