DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help please !! Gimbal holder broken!!

hi, no they shouldn't just spin. i am thinking the thread is worn out and that's why you have little wiggle in that arm. there should be none.

New screws? If I can get them out that is.. any suggestions? Thanks hunch

i don't think you can replace just the screw if the opposite thread is worn out. i think you might need a new arm assembly.

@Thunderdrones ?

Thats alot of wiggling, not supposed to do that. I think a bearing might be worn out or crushed.

I think the screws in there have loctite on them, I havent been able to successfully disassemble an assembly and reassemble it. Without stripping something.

The yaw screw turns when you turn the arm, the pitch screw doesnt turn. Ive never tightened any of the ones Ive had,

Reactions: hunch
Ahh well it's in the shop now for repairs hopefully they sort it and should be back with me next week.. thanks for the advice and help guys! Keep your fingers crossed for me ..

Ahh well it's in the shop now for repairs hopefully they sort it and should be back with me next week.. thanks for the advice and help guys! Keep your fingers crossed for me ..

Can I ask which shop you took it to? There are always members looking for good shops to take their drone to.

Well so far the email conversation have been very friendly and helping me get my parcel sent off with the right insurance and stuff.. they promises to keep me up to date with everything and only do work if I agree to it.. I'll keep you posted !

I found this thread the night I crashed my Mavic into the living room wall... Watched the video, ordered the parts, and did the install / repair last night. It's actually a lot easier then it appears in the pics / video / etc. Nothing to fear. Must haves - 1.5mm hex wrench, and a tiny phillips screwdriver. You don't need anything else.

Dunc

See, I just did it in 5 minutes

00fe5689213005eb684304a46fcea4f4.jpg

934f0f896eb56360818921ba88b7e490.jpg

So when you ordered this part, you didn't have to take the drone apart (it is just un doing the rubber bands that hold it in place and swapping it out? One of my corner pieces of this plate cracked off in a crash and now the image is slightly unlevel.

So when you ordered this part, you didn't have to take the drone apart (it is just un doing the rubber bands that hold it in place and swapping it out? One of my corner pieces of this plate cracked off in a crash and now the image is slightly unlevel.

You have to take the drone apart and drop out the gimbal. The black ribbon cable threads through the slot in the black plate.

can someone tell me if the clip is suppose to sit in place in the gimble bracket seems my mavic gimble slightly leaning to left

Attachments

• 37056720_10215617794933669_8437376683631181824_n.jpg
    37056720_10215617794933669_8437376683631181824_n.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 24
To do it the right way, you really need to drop the gimbal out, but that will void your warranty, if you have one.

Been a long time to reply the slight bent i was going on about was only noticeable in sport mode footage other than that it was good but I eventually sold the drone then re purchased a another 1 now I sold that 4 months back and now I’m looking wether purchase my 3rd Mavic p or go for the Mavic air 2 I love the Mavic pro From recent experience [emoji817]

I know this is old but how did you guys broke yours?

I didn’t break mine I was hovering over my garden noticed a guy parked in he’s Range Rover taking a picture of me so I was ok shock and a little angry I went to land it to go and talk to him but it wanted to land at its originall homepoint so it went up through a small tree and I think a branch stretched the left side rubber bands what connect the gimble so camera was leaning left a little

I got mine from AliExpress. Came with bushings. Mine were ripped out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11