DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help to know what really happened

SweeT

Reactions
Hi, I crashed my new Mavic Pro with only two hours of flight against the antennas of a nearby building.

I will comment in detail on what happened.
On March 24 last take off from the terrace of an 11th floor.
In only seventeen seconds of passing from being the happiest man on earth to wanting to cut my nuts.
My Mavic Pro raced uncontrollably on a terrace with antennas.
Supposedly the antennas are of cellular telephony.
I was out of control. I wanted to return it but there was no way, it went straight to the antennas.
Result: Scrapes by battery and on a front arm, Gimbal removed by force, Gimbal Vibration Absorbing Board broken, Flat Ribbon Flex Cable broken.-
I could repair it myself with the help of youtube videos

Spare parts
Mavic Gimbal Vibration Absorbing Board
Flexible Gimbal Flat Ribbon Flex Cable layer

Videos
Video to remove camera
Video to remove gimbal
Video to calibrate cameras

Now I'm a happy man again
Happy happy happy!!!

Now I would like to know what happened?

Here I leave the flight log to see who has more experience to give me your opinion
http://app.airdata.com/main?share=prBaKg

Many thanks in advance for taking the time to read and reply

Seems you took flight without waiting for GPS, I'd say that was your first mistake...

Reactions: MavicMo
You need to upload the DAT file for that flight from the Mavic and save it to a dropbox or other account. This will give us very detailed info as to what happened. Post a link when your done.

Instructions to retrieve the DAT file.

How to retrieve a .DAT

Rob

Hi, I crashed my new Mavic Pro with only two hours of flight against the antennas of a nearby building.

I will comment in detail on what happened.
On March 24 last take off from the terrace of an 11th floor.
In only seventeen seconds of passing from being the happiest man on earth to wanting to cut my nuts.
My Mavic Pro raced uncontrollably on a terrace with antennas.
Supposedly the antennas are of cellular telephony.
I was out of control. I wanted to return it but there was no way, it went straight to the antennas.
Result: Scrapes by battery and on a front arm, Gimbal removed by force, Gimbal Vibration Absorbing Board broken, Flat Ribbon Flex Cable broken.-
I could repair it myself with the help of youtube videos

Spare parts
Mavic Gimbal Vibration Absorbing Board
Flexible Gimbal Flat Ribbon Flex Cable layer

Videos
Video to remove camera
Video to remove gimbal
Video to calibrate cameras

Now I'm a happy man again
Happy happy happy!!!

Now I would like to know what happened?

Here I leave the flight log to see who has more experience to give me your opinion
http://app.airdata.com/main?share=prBaKg

Many thanks in advance for taking the time to read and reply

Because you did not wait to get gps coverage, you were flying in atti which means you had to control the Mavic manually in every respect. The second thing is that the compass was way out. You need to be in an area without any interference to calibrate the compass and then you need to fly in a better area than the one you did. You just have to learn some patience. Don't take off until you have checked all the settings, particularly that no calibrations are required, you have good gps and look at the first screen of the GO app where it shows the status of everything on the Mavic.

Reactions: MavicMo
You need to be in an area without any interference to calibrate the compass and then you need to fly in a better area than the one you did.
Excellent point. I have multiple times taken off from a rooftop with metal sheet roofing, lightning rods, metal railings, concrete with rebar and so on. Several of these times I have been warned to re-calibrate the compass, but having researched it I have opted to ignore this and rather move the Mavic about until the warning have gone away (getting as far from any metal as possible), still within a meter or two of plenty of metal..

By no means good conditions, but I have never had any problems flying like this. I am pretty sure I would have had problems if I re-calibrated the compass under those conditions, and then tried to fly.

My experience also is if I HAVE to take off from a surface with metal/reinforced concrete, DON'T calibrate the compass there. The error messages will go away as soon as you lift off and get away from the interference. But still if your previous calibration is from a location far away I would calibrate nearby in a good place.
Not sure if this was an issue I this case as I have not seen the flight data.

Just to make sure I am reading your data correctly, you wouldn't have happened to notice damage on both of the rear props would you? You immediately lost GPS lock when you took off. Your drone was in Atti mode, likely due to significant interference. If I had a copy of the TXT file I can confirm my theory, but I would say it drifted in the wind. The drone was responsive until the rear left prop got caught causing a spin out, and the it hit the rear right prop.

Please use Dropbox next time.
Sorry, later edit the post to dropbox-

Just to make sure I am reading your data correctly, you wouldn't have happened to notice damage on both of the rear props would you? You immediately lost GPS lock when you took off. Your drone was in Atti mode, likely due to significant interference. If I had a copy of the TXT file I can confirm my theory, but I would say it drifted in the wind. The drone was responsive until the rear left prop got caught causing a spin out, and the it hit the rear right prop.
Wow, where do you read all that?!?!
I need to learn how to read the logs ...
If the right rotor has an impact .... repair my drone alone, I hope everything is fine, I have already made flights after the repair and apparently everything is in order.
As soon as I get home I upload the txt. Can I find this on the Remote or the drone?

If the right rotor has an impact .... repair my drone alone, I hope everything is fine, I have already made flights after the repair and apparently everything is in order.
As soon as I get home I upload the txt. Can I find this on the Remote or the drone?
It's on your phone. https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

It was definitely drifting in the wind. So your drone drifted in the wind and when you tried to bring it back, you didn't account for the wind. I was reading your motor speed data. The rear left stalled first and that resulted in a spin out, then the rear right stalled which made it move erratically.

It is definitely not a good idea to fly between buildings because the winds change speed without noticing it. Thank you very much for the assistance in resolving my doubt. To have knowledge ... is there any page where they explain how to read the flight logs ?!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS