DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help!!! Trying to purchase Mavic Pro in time for Christmas

No, he's trying to rip off a young lady desperate to please her fiancé and probably hasn't the faintest idea how much he's trying to make. E-Bay....ok. Here, on a forum of enthusiasts and hobbyists- shameful.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

The market dictates the cost. Like any product, it's value is what consumers are willing to pay. The current market price for a rushed shipped Mavic is $1500. No body is ripping anyone off.

Reactions: BrooklynFlyer
Diana: if you're reading this, walk away. I find it absolutely atrocious that some of those on this forum, who all have an interest in the flying of these quads, would try to make a 50% profit out of you - someone who is blatantly naive about their value. And to those who think it's okay to profit like this - why don't you leave this forum? You blatantly have no interest in the Mavic - just how much money you can potentially make. The dollar is king, eh? Like I said - shameful behaviour for fellow enthusiasts. Quite depressing that I even have to write this.

Sorry, Mike, but "Supply and Demand" is as old as society. Nearly every "high demand" product experiences this whether it is beanie babies or Cabbage Patch dolls or Apple Watches or the Mavic.

Items in short supply will always be able to command a premium price for those unwilling to wait for the supply to catch up with the demand. That is the way commerce works.

No one is being "ripped off". Surely the OP knows what the retail price of a Mavic is with as much research as she has done. If she wants one "before Christmas", then she likely will have to pay a high price. Otherwise, she can wait (like everyone else has been) and it might make a great Valentine's Day gift. :)

Hello,

I am trying to find a way to purchase the mavic pro drone in time for Christmas for my fiance. I have looked everywhere...I am assuming there's no way to get it in time for Christmas but thought to ask and confirm my assumptions. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Diana
Greetings
Mavic Pro is a great gift but unavailable,however if my girlfriend bought me a phantom 4 pro ( which are available by the way ) I would be just as thrilled ; )

Diana: if you're reading this, walk away. I find it absolutely atrocious that some of those on this forum, who all have an interest in the flying of these quads, would try to make a 50% profit out of you - someone who is blatantly naive about their value. And to those who think it's okay to profit like this - why don't you leave this forum? You blatantly have no interest in the Mavic - just how much money you can potentially make. The dollar is king, eh? Like I said - shameful behaviour for fellow enthusiasts. Quite depressing that I even have to write this.

LOL look even the employees at dealers are doing it. It's basic economics and not personal. To be honest no one cares about your love life. We all love drones but it's a fair price if you want a premium service on a premium product and you have your solution. Nobody is ripping anyone off. You need it he has it market price is 1500 - 2000 at the moment. Nothing personal and I'm sure he is just as much of a drone lover as any of us. There's no immorality in profiting on the deal. He bought it with his own money and is free to sell it.
Hell I'd buy it but I got mine.
d3a26b564dba225217fc4ff8d4f50554.jpg

Fly safe and within the law. Protect our hobby... [emoji482]

This is NOT the cure for cancer guys. Noone NEEDS the Mavic. It's not like the guy is asking $3k or even double. 50% markup with shipping is not obscene 3 weeks before Christmas on the hottest drone out, backordered 8 weeks currently. Hell they put a furby in an egg and it's fetching 4x rrp.

If you can wait, I suggest you do so. If not, many, including myself, have one available.

Imo buying from a reputable member on here would be someones best bet. Most likely an enthusiast, and less likely to fraud you.

Good luck, and happy holidays.

No, he's trying to rip off a young lady desperate to please her fiancé and probably hasn't the faintest idea how much he's trying to make. E-Bay....ok. Here, on a forum of enthusiasts and hobbyists- shameful.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
This cracks me up. She's just being told the facts. You can sugar coat it if you want, but I would tell my best friend the same thing... it's 2 weeks until Christmas. The chance of you finding a Mavic at regular price from a retail store is almost zero. You can find them on eBay for well over $1500 if you want it in time for Christmas. Price will likely go up closer to Christmas. It's just a fact.

This is NOT the cure for cancer guys. Noone NEEDS the Mavic. It's not like the guy is asking $3k or even double. 50% markup with shipping is not obscene 3 weeks before Christmas on the hottest drone out, backordered 8 weeks currently. **** they put a furby in an egg and it's fetching 4x rrp.

If you can wait, I suggest you do so. If not, many, including myself, have one available.

Imo buying from a reputable member on here would be someones best bet. Most likely an enthusiast, and less likely to fraud you.

Good luck, and happy holidays.
thank you.

LOL look even the employees at dealers are doing it. It's basic economics and not personal. To be honest no one cares about your love life. We all love drones but it's a fair price if you want a premium service on a premium product and you have your solution. Nobody is ripping anyone off. You need it he has it market price is 1500 - 2000 at the moment. Nothing personal and I'm sure he is just as much of a drone lover as any of us. There's no immorality in profiting on the deal. He bought it with his own money and is free to sell it.
**** I'd buy it but I got mine.
d3a26b564dba225217fc4ff8d4f50554.jpg

I didn't express any "love life" statements on this web. I used the word "fiance" ...anyways....

It was just a question gents. Politely asking a general question. If someone offers me a mavic with (which doesn't meet my needs) high pricing...I gladly and politely state "no thank you." I am a financial analyst so I know what profit is and I know what a reasonable price is. Just thought to ask around just in case, to see if my mindset was correct on the prices ,or if there was another loop hole you guys knew of. A few of you are grumbling to be grumbling which really isn't needed, and not helpful. Thanks for your input, but "no thank you." I can see that this forum is of no use in regards to helpfulness anymore. Thanks to those that tried to help. I appreciate it.

Thanks,
Diana

haha, well done gents on the first impression of what her fiancé is getting himself into.... a bunch of opinionated keyboard warriors.

Reactions: playboz
I can see that this forum is of no use in regards to helpfulness anymore.

This was a little rude. ^

I'm placing an order today with full expectation it will come by Christmas. Where? Well I found out, but spent a lot of time doing so. We spend a lot of time on this forum and other "in stock" trackers and shipment tracking pages, etc, and that's due diligence you did not due (no offense) which would be helpful to you, and time spent is worth compensation. Regardless of that, I was going to post a few options which you could perhaps get it by the holidays at retail price. After crapping on the forum and our members, I don't feel obligated to cut through that red tape for you. Someone else can, or dig through the forum like we all do to find that info, and you could have your item in time for the Christmas. The "resellers" in this thread have been professional, truthful, and helpful.

Best Regards, happy holidays, I genuinely hope you find one, at the price you want to pay.

I didn't know "whining and grumbling" was a characteristic of a warrior ? lol
You left out "keyboard"... haha, there's a difference.

Reactions: diana
You left out "keyboard"... haha, there's a difference.

I actually can tell you where to get one but as @HeliFreak says it's your time versus the inflated cost. Myself 2-3 hours of my time is worth the money to buy at a reasonable price of 1500.... but it depends on how you value your time. Someone has done the groundwork paid for it plus probably one to keep and is selling it openly and honestly. If you don't like it then just don't whine. It is not fair on the forum. You want one but if you don't want to pay for the sellers time in sourcing it and taking the headache out of it for you then best of luck. Hope you find a kind soul to do all the above and give it to you at the price they paid for it. Be well and prosper etc. [emoji1598]

Not sure why I was quoted... I was just saying y'all made a good impression. I'm definitely not whining, I'm patiently waiting in line since I won't be able to fly my Mavic until late-Jan anyways.

To help other readers looking to buy before the holiday --
The Apple Store is a viable option. It worked for me, i just picked one up this evening (Toronto) and will now cancel my wait-list order with DJI (ya-hoooo). As stated previously, the Apple Store stock will not show up on their website but they do get a few trickling in for walk ins only.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio