DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help: Why was the minimum altitude during RTH mot reached???

Balko

Reactions
On my last flight for the day, I activated the RTH button but it did not reach the minimum altitude of 80m before proceeding Home.
Previous to this flight, the RTH minimum altitude height was reached first before it started to head Home.

Has anyone else had this kind of experience?

if you were flying higher than 80m it would continue on that altitude and would not drop down to 80m. If you were flying lower than your RTH then it should climb to 80m.

If you are closer than, i think, 20 meters to you, it wont climb to your set hight. It happened to me also when i tested the rth. You have to be higher than 10 meters and further than 20 meters.

On my last flight for the day, I activated the RTH button but it did not reach the minimum altitude of 80m before proceeding Home.
Check out the RTH section in the Mavic manual to find any related details for your particular scenario. If you're not able to figure it out, please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here so we can check out the flight details.

Hi msinger. Thank you in advance for trying to help. I actually got the Mavic just a few days ago...let me browse on the link to the manual you gave.

Btw, would my RTH altitude be altered had I accidentally pressed on the "Pause" button of the Remote Control? I kinda read this from a thread somwhere.

If you pressed the pause button, your Mavic would have stopped ascending and/or returning home and hovered in place.

I reviewed the video of that flight and I saw that there was "glare coming straight on from the sun. No wonder I was getting warnings about "obstacles" ahead when I was around 120 ft upon the air in the golf course which was free from tall trees/objects.

msinger, there's another thread I read about the glare from the sun has somehow fooled the sensors of the Mavic. Could this have been the culprit why the quadcopter would refuse to go up to the RTH altitude and just proceed to the "Home" just relying solely on it's own sensors?

msinger, there's another thread I read about the glare from the sun has somehow fooled the sensors of the Mavic. Could this have been the culprit why the quadcopter would refuse to go up to the RTH altitude and just proceed to the "Home" just relying solely on it's own sensors?
I don't think so. If the OP posts the flight log, we should be able to figure out what happened. Until then, all we can do is guess.

Yes, that's what I needed.

It looks like your Mavic stopped ascending after you moved the throttle stick while it was ascending to the RTH altitude. According to the Mavic manual, that is only supposed to happen during Failsafe RTH. I've never tried moving the throttle stick during Smart RTH (what you manually initiated), so I'm not sure if it happens then too.

Manual.jpg

Yes, that's what I needed.

It looks like your Mavic stopped ascending after you moved the throttle stick while it was ascending to the RTH altitude. According to the Mavic manual, that is only supposed to happen during Failsafe RTH. I've never tried moving the throttle stick during Smart RTH (what you manually initiated), so I'm not sure if it happens then too.

View attachment 12636

Was the stick, or rather, did I move the stick?

You moved the throttle slightly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore