DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with Flight Data File extraction - Disconnect incident after 60 flawless flights

cwood

Reactions
After 60 flights I finally had a scare. Clear line of sight, disconnect for seemingly no reason. RTH worked thankfully but I would like to understand what may have happened.

When I use the Assistant 2 software i can see the firmware but when I go to flight data nothing shows up other than an open data viewer button. Tutorials show that a list of dated files should be there for download. What am I missing?

Related, when you get a disconnected error is it just DJI go that is not connected? It seemed like I was getting all my telemetry on the controller but it didn't seem to be responding to my inputs.

Connect to the Assistant, turn on Mavic, select 'Flight record' then the record you want 'Save to Local' select the folder where you want the files, select Ok and it will download the files.

As for being disconnected a lot of times the video link will go first, leaving the phone screen blank, but you will normally still have control of the bird. If you are not LOS then I have found that switching to home lock and then pulling full back on the right stick will bring the quad directly back to you, with the signal getting restored when it gets back in range or out of the interference that caused it.

Last edited:
Make sure you have the latest version of the Assistant.

If you had data on the controller it's likely either the phone app that wasn't responding or the USB cable that was making a bad connection.

Connect to the Assistant, turn on Mavic, select 'Flight record' then the record you want 'Save to Local' select the folder where you want the files, select Ok and it will download the files.

As for being disconnected a lot of times the video link will go first, leaving the phone screen blank, but you will normally still have control of the bird. If you are not LOS then I have found that switching to home lock and then pulling full back on the right stick will bring the quad directly back to you, with the signal getting restored when it gets back in range or out of the interference that caused it.
I've used that Home Lock trick many times. Just an easy way to get it in sight.

Reactions: F6Rider

There is no "flight record", only "flight data" and it shows no records, only a button to "open data viewer" Where I can see DAT files but you can only open one at at time.

There is no "flight record", only "flight data" and it shows no records, only a button to "open data viewer" Where I can see DAT files but you can only open one at at time.
Are you using the DJI Assistant 2?, on which platform?, Mac or PC. Mine shows a Flight Record as well as Flight Data along with Update firmware and such. When you click on Flight Data it should open mostly a blank box with a 'Download to Local' button, which will start the data download, no sure why you are not seeing the Flight Record. Here is what I see when I open the assistant with the Mavic connected and powered on.
Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 5.03.42 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 5.04.01 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 5.04.29 PM.jpg

Yes Assistant 2 but on windows. Menus are a bit different. Thanks for the effort. I ended up just finding the dat files on the on board storage.

Yes Assistant 2 but on windows. Menus are a bit different. Thanks for the effort. I ended up just finding the dat files on the on board storage.
That's the problem with windows, everything is more complicated than it needs to be.

After 60 flights I finally had a scare. Clear line of sight, disconnect for seemingly no reason. RTH worked thankfully but I would like to understand what may have happened.

When I use the Assistant 2 software i can see the firmware but when I go to flight data nothing shows up other than an open data viewer button. Tutorials show that a list of dated files should be there for download. What am I missing?

Related, when you get a disconnected error is it just DJI go that is not connected? It seemed like I was getting all my telemetry on the controller but it didn't seem to be responding to my inputs.

Same story with me . You have flights record now ? . I cant find any flight record in mavic device . I dont know what to do to have flight record in mavic . ?

I've tried on two computers and both failed to connect. Someone suggested it's a firewall issue. I've never "needed" to connect so I've just lived with the lack of Assistant connectivity. Sounds like I should get it figured out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll