DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
If I will send it to the service, I must send everything that comes along with the Mavic - battery, charger, controller?
You should send whatever DJI requests you send.

As far as I'm aware DJI expressly say DONT send the controller unless it's the faulty part. I wouldn't send that battery in the post or via courier either if it were me - I'd send them pictures and explain it's not safe to send it in, then dispose if it at a recycling facility.

Ok.
Thank you guys for all your answers! I'm very pleased by your attention to my problem.

And as a bottom line...

Do you think that it's my fault?
What I think about this - I shouldn't fly close to the building, and I should've wait for more GPS satellites to kick in.

My excuses - I believed that Mavic is smarter than me, when it comes to it's self state. If it's saying that it ready to go, why would I doubt it?..
And I flown in the same location few days ago, without any issues at all.

Ok.
Thank you guys for all your answers! I'm very pleased by your attention to my problem.

And as a bottom line...

Do you think that it's my fault?
What I think about this - I shouldn't fly close to the building, and I should've wait for more GPS satellites to kick in.

My excuses - I believed that Mavic is smarter than me, when it comes to it's self state. If it's saying that it ready to go, why would I doubt it?..
And I flown in the same location few days ago, without any issues at all.
You took off in a bad place to begin with. I suspect the building caused interference with the GPS. As for drifting, it was inconsistent with the wind direction so it drifted on its own.

You should send whatever DJI requests you send.

More and more of them are crashing with GPS issues or the atti-mode switch. All I can say is IMU and Compass calibrations. And since GPS Mode is designed to be the main mode for the Mavic wait until you have acquired 10+ satellites.

I have done many of flights no issues but I'm curious now how the Mavic flys in atti-mode or with loss of GPS. I'll be doing some testing with its sensors off etc to see if it can hold its bearing.

Also since DJI dose not provide a way to switch to Atti Mode on the fly I'm sure some of the incidents are due to in experience as well, as the craft should switch automatically if there is an issue.

Kinda a goofy the Quad was in GPS mode with 2 satellites although.

Reactions: inspiredbymavic
More and more of them are crashing with GPS issues or the atti-mode switch. All I can say is IMU and Compass calibrations. And since GPS Mode is designed to be the main mode for the Mavic wait until you have acquired 10+ satellites.

I have done many of flights no issues but I'm curious now how the Mavic flys in atti-mode or with loss of GPS. I'll be doing some testing with its sensors off etc to see if it can hold its bearing.

Also since DJI dose not provide a way to switch to Atti Mode on the fly I'm sure some of the incidents are due to in experience as well, as the craft should switch automatically if there is an issue.

Kinda a goofy the Quad was in GPS mode with 2 satellites although.
It had 8 satellites but, yes, it was goofy.

There is a design flaw or bug that helped cause this incident. gpsHealth has to be 4 or 5 in order for the Green Ready to Go(GPS) indication to be shown. The bug is that gpsHealth can then drop (to 2 in this case) but it will still show the Green Ready to Go(GPS). I think that's what happened here. As I mentioned in post #18 this happened in another incident.
Mavic disconnected, and flew away.
In that incident and, IMHO, this one there is an interval not included in the .txt where gpsHealth dropped.

With a gpsHealth of 2 and numSats 8 it's no wonder there was an incident.

It used to be that DJI would cover this kind of incident because, although the pilot could have prevented it, the root cause was due to a hardware/software issue. It seems like this might have changed though. I'm not making a judgement about where the fault lies. Just reporting what I know.

@Yania1991 if you want to know for sure you'll need to provide the .DAT.

So am I correct in saying budwalker that we're not just talking about the green status light on the mavic itself, but also the status in the app that can remain green even though gpshealth has dropped?

If so, are you aware at what point that status would update - presumably at some point after takeoff?

So am I correct in saying budwalker that we're not just talking about the green status light on the mavic itself, but also the status in the app that can remain green even though gpshealth has dropped?

If so, are you aware at what point that status would update - presumably at some point after takeoff?
I just now did some experiments with my Mavic. Removed the props. Then batteryOn and let it sit until the green Ready To Go(GPS) shows. Then covered the Mavic with foil to make the numSats and gpsHealth drop.

The first time I did this the App indicator changed to yellow Ready To Go (Vision). Looking at the .DAT the Mavic remained in GPS_ATTI until about 20 secs after the foil caused the numSats and gpsHealth to drop. Then it switched to ATTI.

I was sure that when I ran a similar experiment about a month ago that the green Ready To Go(GPS) didn't change. So I tried it again and this time it remained in the green Ready To Go(GPS) state. I managed to look at the led and it was flashing green. The motors were started and after about 5 secs the Mavic switched from GPS_ATTI to ATTI.

Seems like there is a some variability in the response of the Mavic. Maybe others can try this or other experiments to see if they get similar results. It does appear though that this sequence of events 1) will cause the Mavic to be in GPS_ATTI when it should be in ATTI, and 2) sometimes show the green Ready To Go(GPS) in this situation.

Hi guys!
The end of my story:
After I sent remains of Mavic to the service, after a month and a half DJI replaced my crashed drone with the new one, for free (without DJI refresh too), and now I'm waiting for the delivery.

Thank you all for your support!

Reactions: Bazzam
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser