DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi-Aerial Hood (better than hoodman) 50%off last day sale!

stealle

Reactions
Hey fellow Mavic owners! I've been looking at this hi-aerial hood for quite sometime. I've read some reviews. It sounds like people who have owned and used both the Hoodman and the Hi-Aerial prefer the Hi-Aerial. I've been holding off ordering because I'm not flying much in the winter and I didn't want to shell out $$ if possibly I need a different size come March when I plan to buy the much anticipated an iPad mini 5. However, I just checked the website and the Hi-Aerial Hood has been 50% off since Dec. 23! Sale ends tomorrow! At 50% off I decided to order one. I can use it with my current iPad Mini 2 and hopefully it will still fit the next gen iPad mini model. As a side note, the iPad Mini 2 works flawless with the Mavic but my kid doesn't always want to give it up... I need to get my own, he he.

I can not personally confirm whether the Hi-Aerial hood is better than the Hoodman, but the reviews look good. If nothing else guys, if you've been looking at the Hoodman but don't want to spend that much, this is a great time to jump on an alternative at a cheaper price! I'm getting mine for $45 free shipping, no tax. I'll try to post a review when I get mine and try it out.

Here is all the info I have about the Hi-Aerial Hood:
To place an order, visit the website to figure out what model you want: https://www.mikeharrisaerials.com/hi-aerial-.html . If you want to order, you need to send an email to the seller Mike Harris ( [email protected] ) and tell him what model you want and your paypal email address. He will in turn email you a paypal invoice for your order to make payment via paypal. I have sent him a few emails and he always personally responds.

Review on phantompilots.com
Finally, a great sun shield that really works

Review on DJI forum
Hi-Aerial HB25 Boost Hood Review

YouTube video from Hi-Aerial

Last edited:
Just FYI, I just got another email from Mike Harris with more info. The sale ends at Midnight (MST) on January 1st. I wish I would have noticed this sale on December 23 so I could have given you guys an earlier heads up.

Mike is located in Canada but the product ships from NY, USA. So, it ships free in USA, but I think it must ship free to Canada as well. They seem to cater to Apple products, these products are ready to ship. But they will custom make a hood for Android as well. It takes about a month for custom orders. I believe they charge the same low price for custom orders. The product is made from some stiff material (maybe plastic) that appears to be covered in a vinyl or faux leather. There are magnets in various locations throughout the design that allow for quick assembly and hold it together very well. I very clever design. I'm sure some of you will be concerned about interference from the magnets. That should not be a concern. There are already lots of magnets located in the iPad itself. Also, other hood manufacturers such as those sold by aerialdroneaccessories.com use magnets in their design and have not had any problems. Anyway, Mike liked the product so much for his own personal and commercial use that he became a distributor. I can't wait to get mine!

EDIT: The prices on the website DO NOT reflect the sale; the prices were not changed to reflect the sale. You get 50% off whatever price you see on the website.

EDIT: EDIT: 50% off sale does not include custom orders.

Last edited:
Just FYI, forum members "Aeromirage" and "flyboy73" have been using their Hi-Aerial hoods for sometime now. They still love them and prefer them in their own side by side comparison/use over the Hoodman that so many people rave about. Read their reviews in the links above. I can't wait to get mine!

Hi-Aerial will custom make these hoods for any tablet (sale price does not include custom orders). I spoke with Mike yesterday. As long as you get your email order to him by midnight (MST) tonight you are good to go!

THE SALE ENDS TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT (MOUNTAIN STANDARD TIME)

I probably won't post any more until I can review the product for myself.

Happy New Year guys!
s2qXK8wAvkHTO.gif

Last edited:
I talked to Mike also and the sale is only good for the iOS products, the android plus all customs are not on sale., here's a copy of what he said -
Hello Reed,

Sadly the sale is just for current models of the Hi-Aerial hood which is what I figured. A lot of work goes into the custom hoods so they fit properly and have the opening in the right place etc.

The good news is that they are no more expensive than the Apple tablet hoods.

If I can be of further assistance please contact me.

Cheers

I talked to Mike also and the sale is only good for the iOS products, the android plus all customs are not on sale., here's a copy of what he said -
Hello Reed,

Sadly the sale is just for current models of the Hi-Aerial hood which is what I figured. A lot of work goes into the custom hoods so they fit properly and have the opening in the right place etc.

The good news is that they are no more expensive than the Apple tablet hoods.

If I can be of further assistance please contact me.

Cheers
Oh, OK. That's too bad... Thanks for clearing that up tho. I'll edit the post above.

I ordered yesterday however now response yet (payment instructions)

Anyone have any pictures or know if this hood on an iPhone 6+ will fit in the mavic controller?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I don't have hands on experience with this hood. I'm waiting for mine to arrive. But, I really don't think it would be possible to use this hood with the Mavic controller without an adapter. I ordered the mavmount from mavmount.com Here is the thread where they are talking about it: Anyone use the MavMount for iPad?
The mavmount is a little pricey and seems to be very poplar on this forum at the moment but there are lots of other adapters available on ebay and amazon.

mavmount
mavmount_porduct-shot-600x600.jpg

mavmount-xl-jpg.2731

mavmount-xl-2-jpg.2730

I don't have hands on experience with this hood. I'm waiting for mine to arrive. But, I really don't think it would be possible to use this hood with the Mavic controller without an adapter. I ordered the mavmount from mavmount.com Here is the thread where they are talking about it: Anyone use the MavMount for iPad?
The mavmount is a little pricey and seems to be very poplar on this forum at the moment but there are lots of other adapters available on ebay and amazon.

mavmount

mavmount-xl-jpg.2731

mavmount-xl-2-jpg.2730

Will the xl clamp close down enough to hold on to an iPhone 6+ with the hood on it?

Never mind. I just saw found that it does accommodate everything from an iPhone to an iPad Air 2. Thanks for pointing this out. Buying one now.

I purchased the smaller size for my iPad mini. If your goal is to fit an iPhone I don't know why you would want the XL size. Seems like the guy that's selling the mavmount mentioned that you can use the XL mount for much smaller devices but it won't feel as balanced as if you purchase the correct/closest size for the device you are using. You might want to post mavmount questions in the mavmount thread. The seller will give you more accurate answers than I can give you.

Last edited:

mavmount

mavmount-xl-jpg.2731

mavmount-xl-2-jpg.2730
Received mine a week ago is is totally heavy duty and extremely well balanced and functional, worth every penny

Reactions: Aerial West
I ordered from their website the Hi-Aerial for my Ipad 2 last week with the 50% off, I ordered via their site (note: you have to submit the order and wait for payment instructions via Paypal), I have sent separate emails, and no response or acknowledgement what so ever, no payment instructions, NOTHING. Anyone else having these issues. I am wondering if they just do not want to honor the 50% off or ???

Received mine a week ago is is totally heavy duty and extremely well balanced and functional, worth every penny
Thanks... that's going on the feedback page for sure! =)

It is like High Aerial does not want to honor the sale Price I ordered on Dec 31st and nothing. Let me explain. They do not have a payment system on thier website you have to place the order then they email you a paypal invoice for you to pay. Well I placed the order during the 50% sale and have not heard from them no payment email NOTHING. I have also sent them about 6 emails with No response.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aerial West
editing the page to add this to your quote, lol. anything else?? :)

Please do not confuse my recommendation and complaint. The Mav Mount is the Gold Standard. The Mav Mount is Awesome High Aerial hood Not so much they will not honor their sale

Last edited:
Please do not confuse my recommendation and complaint. The Mav Mount is the Gold Standard. The Mav Mount is Awesome High Aerial hood Not so much they will not honor their sale
Sorry, I am MavMount, not Hi aerial. I can see how my name, aerial west could be real confusing with the word Aerial in it!

I also fly drone professionally, and that company is aerial west =)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike