DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi From Dominican Republic

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Enjoy your stay! There's heaps of great info here.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Thanks LuvMyTJ!!!

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum . :)

Hello Mavic Pilots
My name is Max, I live in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic in the Caribbean.
I had a P4, change it to a P4P, recently got an Mavic.
I guess my P4P its going to be in his bag for a long time.
Nice forum, I hope to learn a lot from you guys!
Cheers!

View attachment 7945
Do you know if it permitted to bring a Mavic into the DR? Will I have any problems bringing it through customs at SDQ?

Hi Max
I live in Maimon (Bonao) and just got a Mavic Pro. Did you bother to apply for the permit from the civil aviation authority?

Hi Max
I live in Maimon (Bonao) and just got a Mavic Pro. Did you bother to apply for the permit from the civil aviation authority?
Hi Dr. Guy
Yes!
I have my licence from IDAC and as an insurer I design an liability insurance program for drone operators.
Feel free to contact me if you need help with the licence process or the insurance.
Regards

Reactions: Yoda007
Hello Mavic Pilots
Cheers!

View attachment 7945

Hey Max,

We are trying to decide if we want to go Punta Cana. If we were to decide to go there I will most likely bring the Mavic. Do I need a permit to fly the drone for a few days?

Reactions: Kbviper
Hi Dr. Guy
Yes!
I have my licence from IDAC and as an insurer I design an liability insurance program for drone operators.
Feel free to contact me if you need help with the licence process or the insurance.
Regards
Good day Max, from another Max ! I'm from NYC but will be out in PuntaCana for the last 5 days of the month; would you happen to have any recommendations for me? My family lives out there but they don't have any drones yet. Would I need a license to fly recreationally out there for a few days? On topic but not drone related, any resort recommendations? (regarding nicest flight areas and amenities too I guess lol)

Hey Max,

We are trying to decide if we want to go Punta Cana. If we were to decide to go there I will most likely bring the Mavic. Do I need a permit to fly the drone for a few days?

I just got back from Punta Cana. No issues having or flying a drone this size. Here a quick shot helix I took!

Hello Mavic Pilots
Cheers!

View attachment 7945
Howdy from Wyoming @MaxNoboa, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Good day Max, from another Max ! I'm from NYC but will be out in PuntaCana for the last 5 days of the month; would you happen to have any recommendations for me? My family lives out there but they don't have any drones yet. Would I need a license to fly recreationally out there for a few days? On topic but not drone related, any resort recommendations? (regarding nicest flight areas and amenities too I guess lol)

Lots of places to fly in Punta Cana, I shot this video in December 2017.

Hi
No, because of the mavic weight, you dont need a official license to fly, just use common sense. Also you can buy a liability insurance, if you need help just let me know.

Depending on your budget or life style:
Hight end, low profile:punta cana beach resort and tortuga bay.
Party, night life, all inclusive resorts: Paradissus, Melia.
You can take the saona island day trip.
Go to coco bongo disco.
Bachata rosa restaurant.
Buggies safari trip.

I hope you have a great time.
If you need anything else just ask.
Take care!

@MaxNoboa MajesticElegance proved to be an extremely photogenic resort for my mavic pro! We’re headed to Coco Bongo disco on Saturday, hopefully I can get some great shots there too!! I saw the shipwreck off of Punta Cana today but my ONE -_- battery was charging by the time I got to recognize it. I’ll be getting another batt. ASAP. What else would u recommend around Punta Cana. We’re headed to the natural pool/sandbar tomorrow and the cave pool. I hope to get some good shots there!!

Hello Mavic Pilots
Cheers!

View attachment 7945
Welcome from Chicago.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair