DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from France

eocean

Reactions
Hello,

Mavic is my first DJI product. Not my first drone but not an highly skilled pilots. I've 3D printed the frame of a quad and an octopter from Thingiverse. Those used pixhawk and arducopter boards. I was really attracted by the Mavic due to its compactness (I am travelling a lot).

Cheers,

eocean

It depends if you are an amateur or a commercial pilot (for aerial photos for ex). You don't need registration for the time being but another law is being proposed with drone being over 800g required to register and possibly have substantial technological additions on the drone itself (which for now seems about impossible to add such as buzzer in case of freefall, radar reflector)

For now, the rules are here (there's a video and a flyer):
Drones civils : loisir ? activité professionnelle ? - Ministère de l'Environnement, de l'Energie et de la Mer
http://www.developpement-durable.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/Notice_drones_2015_VFF_web.pdf

The French airspace is pretty crowded therefore totally free fly zone are quite limited

The main rules are :
1- No flight above people
2- Respect of max altitude limits (less than 50m in many places, 150m max elsewhere)
3- Night and out of sight flights are forbidden
4- Forbidden to fly above town in public spaces
5- No drone around big airports (10km)
6- No drone in sensible areas (eg nuclear plants, military sites, some natural areas, local regulation applies)
7- Private life has to be respected
8- No public diffusion of video with people and no commercial use of videos
9- Check that the pilot is covered by an insurance
10- The governing body is DGAC (General Direction of Civil Aviation). In case of doubt, check with them.

Commercial pilots require many other things.

Hello! It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.

Enjoy TU

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo