DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from north east England

Loony1

Reactions
I have flown a phantom 3 professional for over a year. I took the plunge and ordered a Mavic combo package from Heliguy here in North Shields last October. I took delivery on Friday and had my maiden flight yesterday. Despite light wind, flying in p mode I received constant high wind warnings. I may be missing something, but is it possible to set a threshold for the wind speed warning as it seemed to come on at very low wind speed. New to this forum, it seems to offer excellent advice. Any other Geordie or Mackem flyers on here ?

Reactions: dirkclod
It is far too sensitive and it's annoying you have to repeatedly attempt to close the red box without accidentally focusing on some random point
Unfortunately there's no way to turn it off or calibrate it but hopefully the behaviour will be changed in future firmware updates.
Bear in mind it is often remarkable how much more windy it is as soon as you get above tree tops or nearby buildings - the warning comes on at about 15mph I think and even at that windspeed you will get sluggish performance especially flying forwards with Obstacle Avoidance turned on.

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum Loony . :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

I have flown a phantom 3 professional for over a year. I took the plunge and ordered a Mavic combo package from Heliguy here in North Shields last October. I took delivery on Friday and had my maiden flight yesterday. Despite light wind, flying in p mode I received constant high wind warnings. I may be missing something, but is it possible to set a threshold for the wind speed warning as it seemed to come on at very low wind speed. New to this forum, it seems to offer excellent advice. Any other Geordie or Mackem flyers on here ?

Welcome Loony1 .....

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61