DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hit Me Up if You Find Yourself in Springfield, Mo.

jeffrey

Reactions
Just wanted to leave this here in case someone close to me gets into the Mavic world and is looking to go do some flying. I'm just starting out in the UAS world with a Mavic but I can tell I'm going to always enjoy this. :)
Thanks!
Jeff

Hey in STL here now that the weather is warming up plan on going flying more.

Hey Ulysses,
I typically fly at Busiek state park or Mark Twain National Forrest. I have been in contact with a local club called Barnstormers RC, but have yet to fly there just yet. I've been flying for the past three months or so, but with our amazing weather its been fairly tough. Not sure what you are using to verify flying areas, but I highly recommend AirMap and the official B4UFly App. The only area's these don't cover from what I've seen are Wilderness Areas (which is on the roadmap for AirMap). Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks for the information. I just bought mine Monday so I've only flown in the back yard for my. My daughters love it and wanna go to Nathaniel Greene Park and fly. I looked up parks rules and saw no mention of Drone restrictions. I will research your suggestions and see what I find. I would also love to fly at Ha Ha Tonka.

I actually hiked in Ha Ha Tonka a few weeks back, but unfortunately with 30-35MPH Gusts I wasn't completely comfortable flying. It is right within the air limits of a local airport, but its about 4.7 miles away so I dont see any issues getting clearance to fly. I would definitely do research on where you can and cant fly according to the FAA.

Just wanted to leave this here in case someone close to me gets into the Mavic world and is looking to go do some flying. I'm just starting out in the UAS world with a Mavic but I can tell I'm going to always enjoy this. :)
Thanks!
Jeff
I'm a local here- just got my Mavic 2 weeks ago. Gonna go find some places to fly today.

Welcome Neph. Let us know if you find any cool spots. We are hitting Tablerock Lake on the boat. I brought the Drone just in case o feel like flying
Thanks Ulysses, I think I'm going to hit Nat Greene today and also see if any of the fields around Cooper complex are occupied. I've just been flying around my neighborhood so far to get the hang of flying around. Next step is learning all the nuances of the video and camera settings. Another friend of mine flies the small race drones in town and he likes Nat Greene. Let's get together sometime to fly.

I am between. Springfield and St Louis. Small town called Montreal. A short drive from ha ha Tonka and lake of the ozarks. I am currently saving for a mavic. Just sold my phantom 3s. You can find videos of where I fly on YouTube look up bendsum.

Hello, I currently live in Saint Louis, but will probably be in Springfield soon for trucking school hopefully. My Mavic arrives tomorrow, and I also own a Spark. If anyone wants to get together and fly let me know.

I'm in Springfield,MO and just fly at my home. I have a few neighbor kids that like to watch lol
I'm in southwest part of town between Springfield and Battlefield.

Seems most posts are from to far back so i will check back often.

If you take Walnut Lawn as far west as you can go, past Golden (FR 164) and beyond is where I am, so ya not far.
My wife is disabled so I don't go away from my house.
My name is Bob and 61 yo hippy

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE