DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Home button concerns

F6Rider

Reactions
For those concerned about the Mavic mount hiding the home button on some phones (my iPhone for example) you can place a 'soft' home button anywhere on the screen you wish, and move it around as needed. Just do the following on iPhones:

1. Open Settings.
2. Go to General > Accessibility
3. Scroll down to INTERACTION
4. Tap on AssistiveTouch.
5. Slide AssistiveTouch to the green On position.
6. A white circle with a grey box will appear on screen.
7. You can position this anywhere on your iPhone's screen.
8. Tap this circle to expand it to a big box as shown.
9. The grey box remains visible and usable in all apps.
10. You can hide or unhide the white circle with 3 taps on the physical home button.

Perhaps someone can supply the correct procedure for Android phones.

Reactions: CivEngPE
Yep, in this case the iPhone is not optimal, but this work around will be OK if the need to access the home button during flight arises. It never has for me as I turn off notifications and cell service (not data) while flying.

RumorMill.jpg

The rumor mill says they will be adding a curved cutout in that area for production models.
We shall see soon I hope! :)

Additionally, I've seen videos (one of them being iPhonedo, I believe) that have addressed this, and simply opened the arms up a bit wider so that the Home button (and ambient light sensor) are not covered. But here's hoping the rumor mill proves true. Should hopefully know for sure in about 48-96 hours at the latest.

RumorMill.jpg

The rumor mill says they will be adding a curved cutout in that area for production models.
We shall see soon I hope! :)

Had not heard that one yet, thanks @LuvMyTJ!

Dremmel will help with those. If you feel frisky, just cut out the area around the ambient light sensor and home button. Personally, I am not worried, considering I dont want to be worried about notifications and checking facebook while piloting a $1000 drone. And I will have the phone set at 75% brightness unless I need more, in which case, Swipe UP and change the brightness.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143