DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Home point symbol

nachobcn

Reactions
Today I have test the google at first time. And the unique question is about one "H" letter near the center of the image, that moves when I move the dron. It seems indicates "home point" but I don't understand how it works..

Tx.

It's basically showing your starting position relative to the drone (represented in the center of the screen by the arrow) as it's flying. So quite handy since you know which way you need to turn/go to get back home without having to look at the map view on the mobile app.

Reactions: Jaysjob
It's basically showing your starting position relative to the drone (represented in the center of the screen by the arrow) as it's flying. So quite handy since you know which way you need to turn/go to get back home without having to look at the map view on the mobile app.

Thanks for your reply.

I have flight another drones with Naza and other FC, with the function to show the home point in the FPV image. But in this case, the "H" symbol didn't correspond to any 'logical' position of the home point.

According with your explanations, when the drones approaches to the real homepoint... the "H" symbol would be showed behind the arrow, but this did not happen.

Even when I was flying in stationary exactly above the takeoff place, the "H" symbol appeared to one side of the arrow.

(sorry for my poor english)

I'll need to do another flight to confirm, but does the H symbol's position actually represent relative distance to the drone? If it only shows relative direction, then the H symbol would always be outside of the arrow. I have an older quad with the Naza mini OSD, and the home point was represented by a small symbol (arrow?) always at the perimeter of the OSD. But in that OSD, the top always represented where the quad was facing, as opposed to the OSD in these goggles, where I believe the top represents North.

Last edited:
I don't find anything about that question in manual.

Yes that's why I said one would think they would have since it even shows the Home icon along with the rest.

It might be a finished feature, maybe the operation is scheduled to be changed in a soon to be released update.
So they left it out of the manual until they finalize a better method .

I have done another test and I can confirm that this feature doesn't work. The "H" symbol don't show any 'logical' position to home point.

O

Oh come guys, I figured it out as soon as I saw it. It's your home point relative to the drone's position, no it's distance isn't scaled from the center, but it does show that numerical value anyway. If you want to guide the drone back based on that you yaw the drone until the arrow points to the H.

The H is the home point in relation the direction the drone is pointing. I'm certain of it

Oh come guys, I figured it out as soon as I saw it. It's your home point relative to the drone's position, no it's distance isn't scaled from the center, but it does show that numerical value anyway. If you want to guide the drone back based on that you yaw the drone until the arrow points to the H.

yep , I tested it yesterday and it is like my old Dji NAZA flight controllers used to display the home point .

Reactions: Jaysjob
Today I have done a test flight only for this topic. And the explanations are correct. The way to return to home, is align the center arrow with "h" symbol. Is a bit tricky for me, because I'm not used to see navigation maps with fixed north. And this is all you need to know for understand the display.

Thanks for your reply.

I have flight another drones with Naza and other FC, with the function to show the home point in the FPV image. But in this case, the "H" symbol didn't correspond to any 'logical' position of the home point.

According with your explanations, when the drones approaches to the real homepoint... the "H" symbol would be showed behind the arrow, but this did not happen.

Even when I was flying in stationary exactly above the takeoff place, the "H" symbol appeared to one side of the arrow.

(sorry for my poor english)
Don't apologize... great English.

Goggle display icons and what they do. 1. Arrow is direction of drone on compass?
2. H in circle is relative direction to Home?
3. Little box with plus sign?
4. Other floating symbols.
5. How to reorient camera to direction of flight. (Black 4 way button)
Would anyone care to correct, elaborate, edit or suggest link to this functions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest