DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hoodman HAV1e - does it fold flat?

Intrglctcrevfnk

Reactions
i have the hoodman hav1 for my iPad mini. It works really well but I've been thinking about picking up the extension hav1e for super bright days to make sure I have a good shot.

Bought the lower part only, love how it folds flat and stores easily in my bag setup. Does anyone here have the full extension and can attest that it folds down flat (Or nearly flat)??

Haven't been able to verify that through a bunch of google searches.

i have the hoodman hav1 for my iPad mini. It works really well but I've been thinking about picking up the extension hav1e for super bright days to make sure I have a good shot.

Bought the lower part only, love how it folds flat and stores easily in my bag setup. Does anyone here have the full extension and can attest that it folds down flat (Or nearly flat)??

Haven't been able to verify that through a bunch of google searches.
nearly flat like the base unit, one way is flatter than the other.
Regards,
-d.

Reactions: Intrglctcrevfnk
Thanks! I'll get it most likely.

Could I trouble you (Or someone) for a pic of it laid flat? Just to put my mind at ease.
It will take me awhile to get a pic but I assure you it folds to about 1/2-5/8" thick when collapsed. It does not come apart like a cardboard box but collapses like a parallelogram (similar to the base unit.)
Regards,
-d.

It will take me awhile to get a pic but I assure you it folds to about 1/2-5/8" thick when collapsed. It does not come apart like a cardboard box but collapses like a parallelogram (similar to the base unit.)
Regards,
-d.

Thanks again! That's not too bad. I figured the padding around the face opening would prevent it from going as flat as the base unit. That base collapses down to about 1/4" and fits well in a tablet pouch on my Lowepro BP150.

If the top only partially collapsed it might not fit in my bag. And I'm tired of buying bags, finally settled on the BP150 after several purchases.

In my head I thought the padding might not let it collapse much and it would be 3-4" thick.

Kitchen table turned into drone central.... Got it back in 2005 in Winston Salem, NC at one of the 100's of furniture stores there. It actually extends (folded under leaf). Guessing more cherry stain look. It's been so long that I forget the material. But has survived three moves in NC then the move up here to MD.
Here is another picture with all the gear...UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2b7e.jpg

And another all spread out yesterday in the park before flying...UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2b84.jpg

Kitchen table turned into drone central.... Got it back in 2005 in Winston Salem, NC at one of the 100's of furniture stores there. It actually extends (folded under leaf). Guessing more cherry stain look. It's been so long that I forget the material. But has survived three moves in NC then the move up here to MD.
Here is another picture with all the gear...View attachment 8772

And another all spread out yesterday in the park before flying...View attachment 8773
Moved from NC to MD?, when I was in DelMarVa the other week I though that was commuting distance, you guys have crazy traffic back there now. Nice looking kit SRJ_Mavic_PRO thank you for the pic's.
Regards,
-d.

Yea move up here back in 2014 after 10 years in North Carolina...
The commutes SUCK!! Especially during the work week trying to get in DC for a job from Annapolis, 30 miles 90 minutes if you leave early!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ