DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hope someone can help analyze my Mavic’s data.

This is a brand new mavic right? I've been reading a few of these threads about the gpshealth issues which seem to be a disagreement between the IMU and compass data due to a noisy magnetic compass, so I'm interested to know whether this one is stock straight from DJI or is from a reseller where it could have been sitting on a shelf for a while.

Well it seems to be clear that this is leaning more and more towards defective unit and not pilot error.

Wow. It seems the drone became unresponsive for horizontal movements. That's just bad. While it was receiving a signal from the controller, and when the sticks were pushed, didn't seem to have any impact on the drone's flying pattern once it switched to ATTI. It didn't seem very responsive in Tripod mode either. But with absolutely no sticks being used, the drone just went and flew where it wanted to and then landed when it lost connection to the RC. Even in doing so, the drone was wobbling around during landing. Something clearly went wrong here. I suppose it's good the signal to the RC was lost so soon as that is what forced the drone to land. I would imagine if it hadn't, this would have been a fly away with no fault from the pilot.

The drone came directly from DJI about 10 days ago.

I will send it back to DJI together with a print of all the post in this thread. I will make an update in this thread when I know what DJI will do.

I have made a similar thread on dji.com and got some god responses from helpful people who has used time analyzing my data.

GPS to Atti mode

Thanks to all you helpful people on this forum and on DJI.com forum for using all this time helping me.

Yeah this is terrible if this problem is still happening with new stock, that's assuming this was a sudden gpshealth drop like people have been seeing.

Any chance you could check if your mavic has the twisted rear motor cables which should mitigate this problem? DIY rear compass cabling fix has details.

Also, what firmware version were you on at the time of the incident?

it has twisted cabels
App v 4.0.5
Aircraft v 01.03.0400
Remote v01.03.0400
it has just told me I need to download 01.03.0500. but I dont want to change anything now.I will send it back to DJI

OK thanks it's good to know the problem is occurring even on mavics with the twisted cables.

I don't think the latest .500 firmware has any changes that would relate to this anyway but perhaps someone else can say definitively.

Out of interest, since some of these events seem to have been related to high currents in those motor cables causing interference in the rear compass, could you say whether or not you'd been flying fast in the minutes prior to the atti mode fallback? You said you were in sports mode so I'm presuming maybe you had been flying it quite hard, and while of course that shouldn't cause an issue it might point to how this happened.

I had only flown it for 62 sec. when it started to get unstable and I lost control after 92 sec. It has only flew 63 meters and was at a low altitude. I just started it up, taken off and flew it the 63 meters out maybe with full throttle but only for seconds.