DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Horizontal bands in pictures only? Help!

asitton

Reactions
Hi all,
I'm about 10 flights in with over an hour of flight time under my belt, and still trying to figure out what the best settings are for picture and video. But while the video seems to look pretty good when transferred to my computer, the pictures come up with about two or three horizontal bands in the picture as you can see below. I'm not sure if this is a camera problem or a transfer problem because if I just view them through the dji app they seem perfectly fine. It is only when I download off the SD card that I see the bands when viewing with either PhotoShop or Lightroom. Does anyone know what is going on and if it may just be a defective camera? Thanks. Here is one of the pictures I'm talking about.
d2aba9c6e33f69df8a74745ee2bab5df.jpg

~AS

could be your codec on your PC.
try another PC? or copy the file from the SD card to your phone and play it back from there.
If it occurs again then i may suspect the camera.

could be your codec on your PC.
try another PC? or copy the file from the SD card to your phone and play it back from there.
If it occurs again then i may suspect the camera.
I agree with @Mako79 try viewing on another PC or upload it to YouTube and one of us can view it

Reactions: jointeffort
So a couple questions:
1 - What machine are you using to edit...it looks like a Mac, but there are enough copy cats of the keyboard that I can't be sure.
2 - Is it only pictures that are effected, or video too?
3 - If video is effect what settings are you shooting at?
4 - What kind of SD card are you using?

So without knowing those answers, my first thought is that it could be a SD write failure. Some SD cards can't write fast enough and the drone tries to move on and write again so something gets lost. Just a theory at this point.

So a couple questions:
1 - What machine are you using to edit...it looks like a Mac, but there are enough copy cats of the keyboard that I can't be sure.
2 - Is it only pictures that are effected, or video too?
3 - If video is effect what settings are you shooting at?
4 - What kind of SD card are you using?

So without knowing those answers, my first thought is that it could be a SD write failure. Some SD cards can't write fast enough and the drone tries to move on and write again so something gets lost. Just a theory at this point.

1) you are right I am using a Mac. It is a pro retina early 2015 with 2.9 ghz Intel core i5 processor and 8 gb ram with Intel iris graphics 6100 chip.
2) it is only pictures that are affected. Video seems to be fine. At least in the fact of it being free from the horizontal bands.
3) N/A
4) I am using the SD card that they shipped with the mavic. Which I'm sure isn't perfect... But still they should ship with something that would work. I will test with a new SD card tomorrow to make sure it isn't the card.

Any ideas what the issue could be?

~AS

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada