DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Houston TX Mavic Pilots

I'm in the northwest side of Houston. Mavic is my first real (non-toy) drone and I've had it for about 3 weeks so far and am loving it. The weather hasn't been the best lately but I've gotten some decent in around my house / neighborhood.

Anyone have any recommendations on areas to fly in the Houston area? Also, wouldn't mind going on small road trips to find more scenic places. I know Houston's terrain isn't the most picturesque haha.

Hey all. I'm part of the crowd very much awaiting their Mavic (I'm a 12/10 Apple ship to home).

Any thoughts on a quicker route at a reasonable price?

Hey all. I'm part of the crowd very much awaiting their Mavic (I'm a 12/10 Apple ship to home).

You could try visiting the local Apple stores to see if they have any in stock. I've seen lucky people on these forums finding them in stores even when it says online that they're unavailable.

You could try visiting the local Apple stores to see if they have any in stock. I've seen lucky people on these forums finding them in stores even when it says online that they're unavailable.

Thanks for the pointers. I've a checked a few Apple Stores, Frys, and a couple Best Buy locations and no luck.

I see nobody yet has represented Houston.. Local flyer here from Kingwood/Humble/Atascocita area..

Ill be in the Houston area for the the last half of Jan/first part of Feb. Id love to get my Mavic Pro in the air while I'm in town!!

This place says they have 4 in stock now, 1/5/2017 8:40 am central. I ordered one from them. DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Combo Preorder Free Shipping

Update: OK, this site, FoxTechFPV, falsely advertises on their website that "Availability: In stock ( 4 )". I found this out after speaking with them about when it would ship. They don't have any in stock! I cancelled my order with them & placed an order directly with DJI. DJI said it would ship in 7 to 10 days.

Last edited:
Reactions: HTXflyer
The website didn't, but via a web chat with them they said they didn't have any in stock & didn't know when they would be getting any.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Ordered a MP Fly More and Care directly from DJI on 1/5 early. Now inroute, Fedex website says it'll be at my house Wednesday, 1/18.

Kinda' nervous to take it out - I don't have much time on drones, and the time I do have are on very inexpensive ones . . . . . for example Syma . . . . LOL.

I'm on the west side of Houston, inside the Beltway, near City Center / Town and Country area.

Ordered a MP Fly More and Care directly from DJI on 1/5 early. Now inroute, Fedex website says it'll be at my house Wednesday, 1/18.

Kinda' nervous to take it out - I don't have much time on drones, and the time I do have are on very inexpensive ones . . . . . for example Syma . . . . LOL.

I'm on the west side of Houston, inside the Beltway, near City Center / Town and Country area.
Ordered mine the same day from DJI & mine is en-route too, but I don't have a tracking number.

Reactions: treytexag
Well maybe they are catching up to my order as well then. I'm inside the loop and ordered on 1/11 (short wait so far I know, but it seems like forever). Can't wait to take my maiden voyage.

Reactions: treytexag
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000