DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Houston TX Mavic Pilots

New Mavik owner from the Katy area. Well soon to be new owner. Ordered it from DJI on Friday and it supposed to ship Monday.

I'm new to the drone world and haven't taken her up yet. Still perusing the manual. You?
How are you liking the Mavik? I got mine last week and have only taken up a few times. Nervous as hell but getting more comfortable every time I fly.

So here is a generic question from. Anew mavik owner. I understand the rules about being in airport areas being restricted but outside of that where can we fly without being harassed. I see people posting cool sunset photos from inside the loop and see on YouTube people taking cool videos of downtown skyline. Are these people just taking a chance or is it perfectly legal? Just nervous and don't want to get fined or something.

How are you liking the Mavik? I got mine last week and have only taken up a few times. Nervous as **** but getting more comfortable every time I fly.

Joe, she's still waiting for me to take her up. I do think she's getting a bit impatient, though. I just haven't had an opportunity.

So here is a generic question from. Anew mavik owner. I understand the rules about being in airport areas being restricted but outside of that where can we fly without being harassed. I see people posting cool sunset photos from inside the loop and see on YouTube people taking cool videos of downtown skyline. Are these people just taking a chance or is it perfectly legal? Just nervous and don't want to get fined or something.

You'll get different answers depending on you who ask. I've been flying around here and other states for a few years and have never been harassed or approached by law enforcement (knock-on-wood). Before and during your flight, just think about the FAA guidelines (and local rules, if any) and use common-sense and your best judgement and enjoy your Mavic.

Thanks. That's what I'm doing. Really enjoying it. This thing is amazing and I haven't even scratched the surface yet.

Get on with it. Youlll be amazed.

I charged the battery and controller yesterday. Today, I'll be activating her with DJI and updating firmware/software and making sure she's ready for flight. Hopefully, all systems will check out satisfactory, i.e., no gimbal issues. I'm not in a rush to test her ability to withstand sudden stops against pavement, so proceeding cautiously.

...I'm not in a rush to test her ability to withstand sudden stops against pavement, so proceeding cautiously.

Good call. Definitely no need to rush. Besides....there are a bunch of people that have already tested the Mavic's ability against pavement...and pavement ALWAYS wins! :eek::D;)

Reactions: Doyleh13
Don't rush it. Just get her up :) I stay in beginner mode and just do easy flying. Learning all the ins and outs. Very addictive.

Any of yall purchase wrap material in and/or around Houston?
No. I was thinking about ordering some online but if it's sold local I would like to buy it. Hobby shops are becoming more and more scarce around here.

No. I was thinking about ordering some online but if it's sold local I would like to buy it. Hobby shops are becoming more and more scarce around here.
I'm sure it's sold around Houston somewhere. I get heat transfer and sticker vinyl on harwin all the time for tee shirt business. I'm sure there's some 3m wrap film out there too.

If you're just looking to buy vinyl wraps, I'd just buy online. That's what I did to wrap parts on my vehicle. There are shops here that stock them, but will charge more. Google

Well, I'm looking for the material because I have a vinyl cutting machine. It's much less expensive for me to grab 2'x3' sheet and cut my own from a template.

If you all post photos or videos can you please mention what settings you were using? Also, if you used filters or any post processing/color grading. It would be helpful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair