DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hover stability - P4P and MP - mild wind

AlanTheBeast

Reactions
Shot this video today (two vids, edited together) to see if one or the other seems more stable while hovering into the wind.

Winds were from the front to back of the drones (towards the camera) 5 knots, gusting to 10 (Mk I guesstimator).

Reactions: Fplvert
Without actual video both drones shot the video here is of little value when comparing

Without actual video both drones shot the video here is of little value when comparing

Not at all. The independent outside camera is the reference. The problem I had today was lining up the shot so both were clearly visible (not in tree clutter). Would be better if the camera were on a tripod, too.

Reactions: Ebruce
Is is me or does the Mavic appear to be more stable?

It could be. I need to re-do this with a better taking camera (not the iPhone that should be in the MP controller), and it should be on a tripod. Friday looks to be a blowing-like-stink day so maybe I'll be able to set this up a little more cleanly and maybe with a better camera to film it.

It could be. I need to re-do this with a better taking camera (not the iPhone that should be in the MP controller), and it should be on a tripod. Friday looks to be a blowing-like-stink day so maybe I'll be able to set this up a little more cleanly and maybe with a better camera to film it.

Mavic FTW in my opinion --

Why not doing a video showing both drones airborne at the same time, tracking each other or at least filming each other how they handle the wind.

I did do an Active Track test of the MP tracking the P4P. It's not stable and you end up with a "positive" feedback effect that can result in collision and definitely can result in fly away of the aircraft doing the tracking (though it settles to hover in about 100m or so).

I believe they came up with and APP specific to a drone following a drone scenario...cant for the life of me think of the name though. I believe it was built to kind of trump the "Active Track" as it was quirky? I could be wrong but, i would love to film the Mavic with My phantom if it was a stable scenario..And i agree Alan...the "Active Track" just is not the solution yet..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61