DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How about some positive experiences with the Mavic?

uxodas

Reactions
Not seeing much in the way of good experiences so far.
Has anyone that received it so far had no issues?
This is really making me doubt my decision, and wanting to cancel my order and go back to the phantom.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Advexure
We're too busy enjoying our Mavics. No real issues here. Just a marvelous piece of engineering. A lot of issues you reading about are user error.

Thanks. Keep it coming. Nice to see some Balance to all the negatives

Not seeing much in the way of good experiences so far.
Has anyone that received it so far had no issues?
This is really making me doubt my decision, and wanting to cancel my order and go back to the phantom.

I've been reading heaps of positive stuff. Check out some of the night pics taken here on the forums. Seeing more positive than negatives. I'm still happy with my purchase. If only I could get my hands on it

I've flown mine three times now and no issues at all. This thing just sits there and does not move! I had a Typhoon H and sold it to get the Mavic and do not regret it one bit. Very, very well built machine.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I've flown mine three times now and no issues at all. This thing just sits there and does not move! I had a Typhoon H and sold it to get the Mavic and do not regret it one bit. Very, very well built machine.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
The Typhoon H and that controller look cool. Besides portability, what else did you dislike about it?

The Typhoon H and that controller look cool. Besides portability, what else did you dislike about it?

With each firmware update, different issues came up. The build was not sturdy, not as much flight information as DJI, very unstable bird, camera quality was not great either.

Reactions: kmaluo
Been flying mine a few days and haven't had a single problem. I don't know what it's made out of, but it feels like a tank. The batteries last longer than on my P3S (YMMV). I don't regret buying it a bit.

Received mine today... so far tried a couple indoor flights just to get a feel for it while the other Fly More batteries charged. Then took it down the street to a spot I've flown my Phantom 4 many times. The GOOD news is that the signal was rock solid far past a line of trees, buildings and power lines that would break up my signal on the P4 (even with line of site). I love the small form factor...it draws much less attention than the P4. The 4k video that I've checked out on my Macbook looks just as crisp as the P4, and honestly I like the slight 'zoom' of the narrower lens. Using an iPhone 7 btw. My only question/complaint....is there a way to set one of the shortcut buttons on the controller to disable/enable obstacle avoidance? It would be nice to quickly turn it on/off at times!

Got my Mavic on Saturday! Absolutely loving this little guy...very solid machine! About 2 hours of flight time already...WORTH THE WAIT! :)

With each firmware update, different issues came up. The build was not sturdy, not as much flight information as DJI, very unstable bird, camera quality was not great either.
My each firmware update for my Typhoon H is no problem at all

....is there a way to set one of the shortcut buttons on the controller to disable/enable obstacle avoidance? It would be nice to quickly turn it on/off at times!

Easiest way is to flip into sports mode. Do it all the time in close proximity flying when it starts beeping at me.

Dude, it tracked me on my motorcycle at about 15 mph. Avoided the trees on a short walk. And so much more... vids later, but this thing is awesome.
I'm planning on doing this soon, can't wait!

Tested my Mavic yesterday evening, absolutely blown away with the design, construction and stability. I was happy with the results from the camera out of the box filming at dusk. I have a P3Pro to compare it against and the benefit over the P3Pro is portability, I also have a Typhoon H and to be honest the benefits of the Mavic are too many to list but the biggest would be the camera quality.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots