DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How about your flying weather?

auvz1h.jpg

Reactions: LakeTravis
Cold enough for a fire, and mist (I call it fog) about 100' or so. Was about to take mine up and "onward through the fog" when the neighborhood patrol drove by. Maybe tomorrow night.

Wet day. Rain let off but it was still moist, misty and damp. Lots of condensation or mist that stuck to the leading edges of my MP, and pretty much made the camera unusable after several minutes.

Quick video edit uploaded here (give it some time to complete)

I drove into the park and cops were busting some kid, my guess is street racing or similar. Other people were turning around but they weren't telling anyone to do so. I drove past them and parked and set up my MP for flight. Eventually his mom came and they let him go (not sure, I was too busy flying).

The end of the video is RTH, landing on a very small target (rear seat carpet pad from my F-150).

Did a flight recently in the fog while it was freezing a bit, try to get above the fog. Not a good one, ended up white ice on my props.

IMG_20161229_162134.jpg

Not so great here. Been waiting for a break

Attachments

• IMG_2404.jpg
    IMG_2404.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
I absolutely love using dark sky as my weather app. Got it free through Starbucks a few years back and it's the only one I use anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I love the Dark Sky app too.

By the way, while it was cold yesterday, it was also quite clear. Battery time was a little shorter than usual, but the Mavic performed well. Here's a shot from the flight...

mavic2.jpg

Ditto! I thought my mavic would of been here last week and its been sunny beautiful lately. Turns out my mavic will show this week according to dji cs.. the upcoming 10 day forecast is 100% rain . Greeaat

Did a flight recently in the fog while it was freezing a bit, try to get above the fog. Not a good one, ended up white ice on my props.

View attachment 4229
You do NOT want to fly in those conditions, icing on the props not only add weight but change the shape and airflow of the leading edge, and can cause vibration and decrease lift leading to a crash. But I am sure you know this.

You do NOT want to fly in those conditions, icing on the props not only add weight but change the shape and airflow of the leading edge, and can cause vibration and decrease lift leading to a crash. But I am sure you know this.

Yep, I do know. I noticed when I descended, it went down very fast! That was my first and last flight in the fog. ;)

Reactions: F6Rider
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S