DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How and where do you attach drone number?

highcrow

Reactions
Hello
I refeived the number from FAA and I am wondering where you guys attach it on Mavic? Also what kind of method do you guys use? Just paper and tape it?

Thank you.

You don't have to attach the paper they give you. I printed a label and attached to the front of my Mavic between the obstacle avoidance sensors but you can put it anywhere including under the battery.. All you need is your license # but you may want a label with your phone #/address in case of loss.

Reactions: Timbooo
I had FAA# stickers from UAVstickers for my Phantom so it was easy to put one in the battery bay of the Mavic.

Printed mine on a label and attached it to the inside of an arm, only exposed when opened. That way it doesn't get worn out. Print yourself a second label with your contact info in case of a loss.

Printed a label and stuck it the inside arm. BTW, someone brought up a good point about contact info. On my SD card I have a plain text file labeled "owner_info.txt" has my contact info and a sentence about a reward if found...

Well, regarding being hidden. Mine actually looks pretty cool and somewhat hidden even being on the front, I printed it using a P-Touch label maker using black label tape with gold print. You pretty much cannot see it unless the Mavic is pretty close to you and even then it almost looks like it was printed on their by DJI.

For the if lost situation I have a ton of stickers from UAVstickers that are yellow, half inch by five eights, and say "IF FOUND, my phone number, THANKS". I initially got them for the Phantom but use them on anything I think I might lose. On the Mavic, each battery, gimbal clamp, gimbal cover, gimbal cover cover, RC, hard case, soft case, chargers etc etc. I also use them on other stuff, cell phone, cell phone case, cameras, etc etc. They are really handy. The set included so many there is no hesitation. I do try to place them where they are normally out of sight but if anyone looked closely they would quickly find them. If I could lose it --- it gets a sticker.

I would think if you put things inside the battery most average people will not check there if they happen to find your drone. Not sure what the odds are that someone would use a registration number to find you (unless you did some serious property damange and they are hunting you down).

I would think if you put things inside the battery most average people will not check there if they happen to find your drone. Not sure what the odds are that someone would use a registration number to find you (unless you did some serious property damange and they are hunting you down).
I tend to agree. On the Mavic itself I have a black on grey "IF Found" sticker that comes with the UAVstickers Mavic set on the side of the fuselage that is behind the forward arm when folded. I use the yellow stickers on the batteries themselves as I may drop one or it may get separated in a crash - that would also expose the yellow stick in the battery bay. I appreciated the suggestion to put info on the SD card but that is even more unlikely to be found - it would take a knowledgeable drone addict to know to look there, but why not do it, it can't hurt. I also agree most wouldn't know what to do with the FAA# or even what it is, but that is a legal requirement and the battery bay is an acceptable location as it take no tools to access.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent