DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do i load maps on ipad mini 4 wifi only?

Mavic626

Reactions
Hi, I have a wifi mini 4 wifi only model. I want to use it in the field away from wifi, when that happens my maps are blank, is there a way i can download maps to it so I can see it when I am away from wifi?

Thanks

If you upload the maps while connected to a home or public wifi network, they will stay in the device as long as you don't switch it off.

You can also get a another device that has wifi hotspot capability and connect the iPad mini to that device for on-site connectivity and, hence, permanent access to updated maps.

MK

Last edited:
Reactions: Drone Master
You can cache your maps by doing the following:
Be sure your iPad is connected to wifi. Be sure your have "cache maps" enabled in your settings.
Open the DJI Go 4 app. Mavic or controller not needed.
Get to the main screen, it will be black, but the small map window will be there.
Tap the map window to make it full screen.
"Scroll" to where you want to fly.
Pan the whole area you will fly, including zooming in on all the areas.
You are done. Your map is cached and will be available when you go fly in that location. They will be saved and won't disappear when switched off.

So do i go under general settings and make sure the "Cache map in background" is selected or is there another setting i need switch on? So if i wanted my entire city loaded I would have to zoom out and scroll or zoom in and scroll as well? So if I exit out of the app it will still be saved? Will it only delete if i restart my ipad? Thank you again for the help!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf