DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you deal with it....

ceirsik

Reactions
I've had mine about 3 weeks. Crashed it and now have to send it back to DJI... How did you deal with not having your mavic for weeks?
I'm to the point that I'm thinking I should just buy another one and then sell one after I get it back!! I'm not but that how bad I'm missing it!

I deal with it by not crashing :D

I feel your pain. I sold my Phantom 3 when I bought the Mavic thinking it would come soon after, we all saw how that went. Those 2 months were an emotional roller coaster.

You had refresh right? At least you wont be out of pocket for too much money for the repair.

If you go and buy another new one, you might be able to sell the refurbed one for $850-$900 so it will cost you maybe $100-$150 for not wanting to wait for the repair to come back.

Concentrate on another hobby or a girl . Ok ,Nix the girl idea , that would probably cost you more than a new Mavic .

If you go and buy another new one, you might be able to sell the refurbed one for $850-$900

Since you can buy a brand new Mavic (no RC or charger) for $750 from various sources, (with new warrantee and new Refresh) I don't think you'd be able to sell a refurb one for $800-$900. (unless you have a really nice skin on it.) :D

Sorry for your loss. Spend your downtime searching YouTube for Mavic Crash videos - there's enough of them to keep you busy for weeks. I've learned a lot from there and had some good laughs.

Reactions: Gary cato
i had some good laughs too but i l always remember one day it may be my turn to be laughed at.

i have over 60 miles on my mavic and around 35 flights

i am still nervous as hell and i dont know why as both of my Mavics have always performed perfectly every time,

i have had full on RC and video disconnects, signal loses etc and every time the Mavics have done everything they should.

i guess i am still aware i am a complete novice at drones, and i always always expect that i will lose the drone on every flight, so actually i never ever panic when i lose video, signal or anything else.

i have worked out that my Mavic here has a real life range between 600 meters and 2000 meters depending where i fly,

One thing i always try to do if i have time and i am in a new place is................

i take one spare battery and keep it for one purpose. On the first flight in a new area i fly a circle and extend out in distance 100 to 200 meters each circle.

i watch the signal and video feeds to see where signal loss starts to occur, bars dropping out etc, i then adjust antennae or controller and if i still have a low signal then i know that is my rough threshold of flying in any given direction.

If i am short on time instead of circles i fly out in 4 directions checking each direction for signal weakness and also looking for anything that may get in my way.

after that i have my limits for how far i can reasonably go and keep everything connected up..

Since you can buy a brand new Mavic (no RC or charger) for $750 from various sources, (with new warrantee and new Refresh) I don't think you'd be able to sell a refurb one for $800-$900. (unless you have a really nice skin on it.) :D

Sorry for your loss. Spend your downtime searching YouTube for Mavic Crash videos - there's enough of them to keep you busy for weeks. I've learned a lot from there and had some good laughs.
I've been on there watching videos for about 3 month. Did a lot of research on the mavic. I'm just going to wait until it comes back. Kinda tech my self a lesson on what not to do and this is what happens when I don't pay attention!

Last edited:
Since you can buy a brand new Mavic (no RC or charger) for $750 from various sources, (with new warrantee and new Refresh) I don't think you'd be able to sell a refurb one for $800-$900. (unless you have a really nice skin on it.)

He will be selling a refurbed unit with everything that canme with it when it was new, battery, controller, charger and can easily get $800-$900 on Craigs or on MP. For $749 all you get is the drone and battery.

Reactions: JDVN
He will be selling a refurbed unit with everything

-> I think you missed his point, he would only be selling the mavic that got repaired to justify him spending the money on buying a NEW mavic in the mean-time so he wouldn't have to wait and be for weeks without one.

Reactions: ceirsik
-> I think you missed his point, he would only be selling the mavic that got repaired to justify him spending the money on buying a NEW mavic in the mean-time so he wouldn't have to wait and be for weeks without one.

I thought he is buying a new Mav while his Mav was going in for Refresh, which means sending in controller, battery, etc. When his Refresh gets back, he will be selling that. Our point is moot anyway, he decided to wait for the refresh to come back.

Thanks for all the reply and help.. I was just going to send in one battery and the drone. No controller. So I could just get the drone and I have the fly more pack. I'd be set and heck may just keep the 2nd one for back up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair