DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you guys deal with FedEx deliveries?

I understand that they won't let you change the delivery address. It still will be held at the local FedEx after the missed delivery. You will have a chance to pick it up that evening. They don't keep it on the truck all night. I've picked up home delivery packages at my local FedEx numerous times. Do they leave a door tag?

Others might not have this option, but I have sig required packages delivered to my work address. Just did it this week for a new laptop.

Reactions: garypj1
I understand that they won't let you change the delivery address. It still will be held at the local FedEx after the missed delivery. You will have a chance to pick it up that evening. They don't keep it on the truck all night. I've picked up home delivery packages at my local FedEx numerous times. Do they leave a door tag?

Going to attempt that tonight. I called FedEx and they said it'll be at the facility until 8pm tonight. Now of course that really begs the question, why couldn't they just have left it there for me to pick up four days ago?

I have had luck with calling them before and having it held at a fedex/kinkos location. They are 24hr there so you can pickup the package anytime which is convenient.

It's really not DJI nor FedEx fault. If your package was left and got stolen you'd be complaining and blaming FedEx / DJI. Did you call and speak to the hub for options?

I've never had this issue until buying DJI products. It seems common practice for DJI and most vendors to send packages via FedEx Home, direct signature required, with no alternate delivery options enabled. This is absolutely infuriating because no normal adult is home in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday (Home only delivers Mon-Fri), so how on earth am I supposed to sign for a package? They also intentionally disable the option to have FedEx leave the package a branch location to be picked up at the buyer's convenience. That means the only remaining option is to "schedule" a time window... which is a ridiculous four hour period of either 8am-12pm or 12pm-4pm. So I'm supposed to do what, take a day off from work and sit home for an entire afternoon or morning to wait to sign for a $170 battery, while USPS leaves my $2000 laptop on the porch without a signature no problem?

If I'm not too late, try to schedule a FedEx hold for pick up online. I had instances where they won't ('cant') do it. But was able to do it online.

If I'm not too late, try to schedule a FedEx hold for pick up online. I had instances where they won't ('cant') do it. But was able to do it online.

I wasn't able to do that. I called the local hub and they actually told me they would manually grab it for me. Again, Mine was due to a shipping error (on my behalf) so maybe the circumstances were different. In the end the error ended up not affecting the delivery of the package.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme