DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many miles can a Mavic go on one battery?

Former Member

Reactions
Im trying to get an idea of how far a Mav can fly in a straight line on one battery charge. This will include taking off, cruise climbing to 350' agl, flying until the battery level is around 25% then glide descending and landing. Winds calm, 70 degrees temp.

I figure a conservative average of 25mph ground speed, flight time of 18 minutes, with 20% battery left upon landing. 7.5 miles?

I know this is well outside the range of the Mavic controller, but Im just trying to get an idea of how far it can go.

If you search on this forum, you'll find a story of someone that drove on a road, with the drone above them, and a trailwind of about 20mph. I seem to recall they made it 17 miles with 5% battery or so left

If you search on this forum, you'll find a story of someone that drove on a road, with the drone above them, and a trailwind of about 20mph. I seem to recall they made it 17 miles with 5% battery or so left

Thats sounds about right because a 20mph tailwind would almost double the range. But landing with 5% battery is a recipe for disaster.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada