DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How much $$ is DJI making off Interest

Perhaps you haven't noticed but, despite the factory being in "full swing" for several days, no Mavics are shipping. Sorry but I have seen no evidence of expedited production. Of course the entire debacle could haven been avoided by simply having announced the Mavic ship date as November 15th from the start. :)

Yes, but the price of every widget they are ordering from other companies just went up drastically too when they started having to expedite their parts. Materials for those parts went up drastically to supply those making the parts. Lots of people making money off this outside of DJI as well.

Expediting stuff isn't cheap, do it all the time to keep lots of people's lights on in the valley.

Perhaps you haven't noticed but, despite the factory being in "full swing" for several days, no Mavics are shipping. Sorry but I have seen no evidence of expedited production. Of course the entire debacle could haven been avoided by simply having announced the Mavic ship date as November 15th from the start. :)

Yes, they are just sitting on a stock pile of mavic's laughing at us in the forums. They aren't buying anything to produce more, they have all they need already made and they just wanted a laugh. Bravo, you solved it.

So the big thing people are pissed about is they lied to beat the Karma. Would you rather have purchased a Karma and then seen this released or would you be happier waiting a few weeks longer and having a Mavic? Or maybe you didn't really care about the Karma, you just want to be pissy cause you don't have your toy now?

Reactions: fakbik
Why would I purchase a first-generation totally unproven Karma? I'm a DJI pilot dude! :cool: I would have preferred DJI stated the Mavic will begin shipping on November 15 & then none of this angst would be taking place. Alas the train was chosen by DJI & it's already left the station. Do you truly believe DJI doesnt know what's happening on their production line? Keeping users in the dark over when they can realistically expect shipment is only exacerbating the problem. If I was DJI I'd be working really hard to get some Mavics packaged & shipped as word of this will ease tensions.

Yes, they are just sitting on a stock pile of mavic's laughing at us in the forums. They aren't buying anything to produce more, they have all they need already made and they just wanted a laugh. Bravo, you solved it.

So the big thing people are pissed about is they lied to beat the Karma. Would you rather have purchased a Karma and then seen this released or would you be happier waiting a few weeks longer and having a Mavic? Or maybe you didn't really care about the Karma, you just want to be pissy cause you don't have your toy now?

Why would I purchase a first-generation totally unproven Karma? I'm a DJI pilot dude! :cool: I would have preferred DJI stated the Mavic will begin shipping on November 15 & then none of this angst would be taking place. Alas the train was chosen by DJI & it's already left the station. Do you truly believe DJI doesnt know what's happening on their production line? Keeping users in the dark over when they can realistically expect shipment is only exacerbating the problem. If I was DJI I'd be working really hard to get some Mavics packaged & shipped as word of this will ease tensions.
I'm with Dirty Bird on this one, I love the Mavic and of course I'm keeping my pre-order because I think it's the best drone for me.
But DJI as a company has taken a big step down in my eyes. I wish DJI would have told us the real shipping date upfront, not taken our money till they shipped and would tell us real information now not the high demand so we can't ship 1 Mavic out baloney. They obviously know where the Mavic's are but for some reason don't want to tell us.
I've been able to track my last 2 BMW's step by step through the build process, onto the ship, then onto the truck to my dealership. But DJI doesn't even want to tell us if the Mavic's are in the states yet. And they obviously don't want to hear honest feedback from their customers because they just close threads if people complain, not exactly the best customer relations I've seen from a company. Customers like real informative updates.

I'm with Dirty Bird on this one, I love the Mavic and of course I'm keeping my pre-order because I think it's the best drone for me.
But DJI as a company has taken a big step down in my eyes. I wish DJI would have told us the real shipping date upfront, not taken our money till they shipped and would tell us real information now not the high demand so we can't ship 1 Mavic out baloney. They obviously know where the Mavic's are but for some reason don't want to tell us.
I've been able to track my last 2 BMW's step by step through the build process, onto the ship, then onto the truck to my dealership. But DJI doesn't even want to tell us if the Mavic's are in the states yet. And they obviously don't want to hear honest feedback from their customers because they just close threads if people complain, not exactly the best customer relations I've seen from a company. Customers like real informative updates.

Well said, @AgentBB007. It's feedback like this that we share with the correct levels of authority at DJI HQ and can only help DJI improve on these weaknesses. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: AgentBB007

Well it looks like they are going to start shipping just a few days late, so it wasn't that big of a deal to get your panties in a twist. Not all launches happen perfectly.

As I said yesterday getting some Mavics shipped will ease tensions. Sorry for the delay in responding. Strangest thing I had to perform the Heimlich Maneuver on an odd looking be-speckled chap found choking on a pair of panties! :eek:

Well it looks like they are going to start shipping just a few days late, so it wasn't that big of a deal to get your panties in a twist. Not all launches happen perfectly.

As I said yesterday getting some Mavics shipped will ease tensions. Sorry for the delay in responding. Strangest thing I had to perform the Heimlich Maneuver on an odd looking be-speckled chap found choking on a pair of panties! :eek:
Well he couldn't have choked on a Mavic as nobody has one yet!

Reactions: Dirty Bird
I can choke on mine next week, lol. Gaben can't though, cause I don't know the guy who created Valve and Steam. I'm sure he could choke on a mavic right now if he wanted to, that steam sale profit money is legit.

DJI is way too foolish with money to be concerned with making money from interest. They have to be one, if not the most wasteful drone manufacturer in the industry.

Look at the major issues there has been with each model they have produced in the recent years. This time last year P3's were dropping from the sky.

If DJI has a million overall preorders between dealers & direct sales then they have a billion dollars in their account to handle any expenses. ;)

Speaking in general about manufacturers: Dealers don't pre-pay for orders. They get terms (Net 30 is typical in the US). So they aren't sitting on billions due to orders from dealers.

Companies often have Accounts Receivable financing that allows them to borrow on the A/R balances in order to help with cash flow. The A/R is an asset that backs up the loan. (former A/R lender here, from back in the late 80's)

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the "Short Term Money Market" It's a lucrative way to make profit from pre-orders. If it wasn't such a great way of using other people's money, it wouldn't be as popular as it is. There wouldn't be one aspect of DJI's business practices which doesn't turn a healthy profit. If there was, it would be in use.

Gone are the days when one part of a business would carry another which wasn't profitable. Every single department has to show a profit and if it doesn't, it's either modified until it does or it's scrapped. This is why every successful business has a team of money managers who's sole aim is to ensure each and every department retains that claim of being profitable.

If you want to see a billion dollar business which completely ignored the laws of Profit and Loss then look at GoPro. Stupid mistakes and a refusal to rectify them led to the annual profit quickly head in a downward spiral. This is why their latest release had $100 lopped from it's retail price only 4 months after release. I wonder if DJI's Osmo and Pocket will be the next "GoPros" :)

Well @stubaz, my friend, nobody's mentioned that or anything else in this thread for 7 years... Did you look at the date on the last post? This was about the release of the original Mavic Pro 🤣

Zombie thread alert...

11368192254_7813304236_z.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Desert Drone Works
Obama was president when this thread was last active! I remember this well. DJI took my money in late September, but my Mavic Pro didn't arrive until December. It was worth the wait. There was simply nothing like it at the time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka