DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How much is the delay of the video cash?

fredbjor

Reactions
Hi!

Something I use the sound from the cashed videos on my Iphone 6, when editing. But I'm not sure, what is the delay? I mean compered to the videofiles stored on the drone? Plus-/ minus ?? Seconds, frames?

Most likely a few frames, I'd expect it to vary randomly from one record start to the other.

Most likely a few frames, I'd expect it to vary randomly from one record start to the other.

Well, maybe thats true...? But it can be quite nice to use the cashed sound. Today for example, me and my two sons went for a short hike. We made a fire at a small lake and I put the mavic stady at a point in mid air and left the remote on the bench. Our dialouge was recorded quit nice and I used it when edit that scene!

Should not be a problem even if there's a little shift, it's not like you're seeing people's lips from the air.
and if you do then you can correct the shift...

This is VERY easy to test. Simply pop the Mavic up to 5 feet, turn it to face you, and start talking. Review video and note audio delay. Do it again and see if it is consistent. To increase precision, include a digital clock with hundredths of seconds counting - like the stopwatch on your cell phone. Viola.

This is VERY easy to test. Simply pop the Mavic up to 5 feet, turn it to face you, and start talking. Review video and note audio delay. Do it again and see if it is consistent. To increase precision, include a digital clock with hundredths of seconds counting - like the stopwatch on your cell phone. Viola.

Thanks, I'll try that!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61